Kristina

A forum for discussing fan fiction related to Let The Right One In
broken1

Re: Kristina

Post by broken1 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:52 am

That late post didn't really get to my actual reply to your post GK. I apologize...I had a thought and went with it.

Yes, I would think as a writer, it would be extremely flattering to have so many people give a flip enough to care so much about their characters that the people themselves find the desire to continue the story.
"The only thing we'll have to fear, is the dawn as the night turns to day..."
-----"Stay" by Jeremey Hunsicker

"An open mind and an open heart are at once both the strongest and weakest qualities a person can have."
- Me

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:30 am

Bump!!

For all those wondering about how to find Rakel's inspiration.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:43 pm

Crystal Joilena ft. Velvetic - Walking In My Shoes (Depeche Mode Cover)
Shameless self promotion, modesty trampled in the dirt, excuse me please, but had to share this as it screams the nature of this story's protagonist. Lyrics

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:02 am

Good grief! Goose bumps. Thanks for the lyrics. I'm a little sorry that I treated Kristina/Rakel so roughly. :(
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:16 am

Nah, you showed what may have been her by the time we reached the time period of Eli & Oskar (and their escape to Malmö). Kristina is one determined but bitter vampire. She's been around almost the exact length of time as Elias (per this fanfic) but is driven by very different motivations than those of the little boy. She's rather somebody you do not want to be around.

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:14 am

What a great song GK..The slow build up,the spooky synth sounds and lyrics all fit so well.Plus the singer is so beautiful.Just what an other-worldly seductive (but evil) vampire should look like :evil: .I've always wanted to know what plans she had for Eli (other than eating him) :think: .Thanks .I now have a new favorite song :D
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:11 pm

Crystal J., the singer, seems so talented! I need to watch her other videos. What struck me in this cover was the conviction she presents. She doesn't, for example, look at the camera. Not once. There's an implied strength - a solid sense of conviction - in that. Glued together with the lyrics, the video creates a marvelous rendition to the original

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:32 am

I agree totally. Incredibly I can't find her on I tunes.Thats ok though as the Depeche Mode version is great too and we have a shiny new smart TV and sound system and I'm playing the Crystal J version as we speak.My wife (Sabrina) has already complained about the very high rotation so that's a good sign.. :lol: Thanks.I'd forgotten how good Depeche Mode were and still are.
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:43 am

Bump again, for all those who are still uncertain about what that "Wonderful Idea" was. One of GK's better efforts, IMO. But start at the beginning of the thread. :o
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:10 am

Just in time for Halloween. I loved rereading this. Yes, Rakel is a writerly transformation of Kristina (with GK's kind permission). I'm afraid that my Rakel story is more of an adventure story--not bone chilling like Kristina.

Again, GK, you have accomplished becoming a professional-level writer.

I've been following Ruthanne Reid's stories through Joe Bunting's Write Practice site. I love Ruthanne, but in all candor, your unpublished "Treetops," short as it is, is a fully realized fairy tale of unsurpassed beauty and enchantment. :wub:
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Fan Fiction”