For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
CyberGhostface

New interview with JAL

Post by CyberGhostface » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:43 pm

No banaaaanas?

gkmoberg1

Re: New interview with JAL

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:43 pm

Wise of him to agree with us: the recent (failed) go at a TV adaptation was despised, meanwhile the stage play is "excellent".

metoo

Post by metoo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:09 pm

Interesting to learn that he is actually working on that collection of notes that he was talking about in another interview a while ago. I will certainly get it whenever it becomes available!
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

Pissball

Post by Pissball » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:25 pm

I wonder if he hates the whole idea of a LTROI to TV (being the third screen adaptation already), or if he hates the way in which this particular project was being carried out, without consulting him, etc.
I still believe that a mini-series adaptation could be great with the right people in to it. However I agree with most people here and there, that TNT and Teen Wolf's writer was a complete trash.

I haven't see play tho. Well, I think i haven't see a play in my whole life. I just saw the actors aren't 12 at all,(something critisezed from a possibly new adaptation is the aging-up) so I wonder how that works. I know theatre is different language.

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:17 am

I have a feeling that he would have hated it from start to finish.I didn't hold much hope for it.It would have been too complex for them (TV execs) and would have been changed so much that there was nothing left of the original story.The only positive might have been the publicity generated and that may have got people to see the original.People who have seen the play all have positive things to say about it and I can't wait for it to come my way. Those new books of JAL's sound very interesting.I'll have to investigate if I can get them here.All the best. :D
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:44 pm

I still think the TV show could have been good. 'Hannibal' and 'Bates Motel' were both IMO fantastic shows that did their source materials justice.

That being said the producers' lack of respect for JAL left a bad taste in my mouth. He only found out about it when we did. I would have at least done the courtesy of privately contacting him before the news broke.
No banaaaanas?

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:25 am

Not telling him? Now that's just rude.You're right of course.There are many good quality shows on TV and when I first heard of the plan for LTROI , I was over the moon but as I learnt more about the production it started to sound like they were starting to miss the point and turning it into a "Twilight" thing . (My daughter dragged me to see everyone and I'm still not over it).Anyway it shows that years after it was made LTROI is still being talked about and appreciated. :wub:
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:33 pm

ltroifanatic wrote:Not telling him? Now that's just rude.You're right of course.There are many good quality shows on TV and when I first heard of the plan for LTROI , I was over the moon but as I learnt more about the production it started to sound like they were starting to miss the point and turning it into a "Twilight" thing . (My daughter dragged me to see everyone and I'm still not over it). Anyway it shows that years after it was made LTROI is still being talked about and appreciated. :wub:
Oh, that had to hurt. Yet you did it. Parent of the Year Award - despite the subsequent need for therapy. +1

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”