From the light of a different sun

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
ltroifanatic

Re: From the light of a different sun

Post by ltroifanatic » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:04 am

Hi Sauvin.Great pics.Some of the nicest I've seen of Eli.The one with the blue eyes is so cute.She's so pretty when she smiles.Eli and Oskar hugging behind the canteen is one of my favorite scenes in the movie.Your method of attack makes sense . Death from above.Nearly impossible to detect until it's too late.Just that little funny bark/growl that she makes.Virginia heard it just before she was attacked.Even if Eli doesn't weigh much her inertia would bowl you over just as those black wings folded around you and the pain begins. :shock:
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:05 am

Thank you!

I've reworked the last image I posted in this thread and removed soon after, and am working on the accompanying text. I removed it because I got a couple of PMs saying "dude, that's just WRONG". I didn't think so at the time, and was angered enough to swear I'd never share another image again, but now, instead of being angry, I'm just disappointed, a bit dismayed and maybe more than just a little depressed. How can it be possible to be so dazzled by the medium that the message it conveys is so utterly lost?
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:37 am

sauvin wrote:Image removed as being possibly objectionable. Original message text unaltered:

If you ever happen to look up at the night sky and see this falling down on you, relax. You've already drawn your final free breath, and all the worries you have in this world are just a snap, crackle and slurp away from going totally byebye. She'll take you off your feet, take your breath away, and, oh, man, her hickies are to die for!

And in your final milliseconds of life, what among a thousand different things might cross your mind? Not your unpaid heat bill, I should think, or your daughter in jail, or your fear that you're losing your job.

You'll probably wonder first about the strange and disturbing light. Maybe this is what first caught your attention, or maybe it was the sound of wings flapping closed at the bottom of a cannonball dive.

If you're really, really quick with noticing details, you'll see the head of a child on top of the body of a really buff soccer mom. So, what's the story, here? Is she a girl, or a woman, or what? But.. wait.. is this really a girl? No breasts, no belly button, no girl parts. No boy parts either, for that matter.

And what's her deal? I mean, she looks like she's dropping in for some loving, but most people don't just drop on other people from trees or buildings or whatever when they want a cuddle. They usually ask your name and talk about the weather before they start trying to sugge

(CRUNCH!)

"Artist's" note: This was just me goofing with more shop and chop, without worrying in the least about trying to make it look more or less real. The body is from a nude gymnast, I forget where the arms are from, might have been from a nudist camp. Parts of Eli's left foot are grafted from her right foot in this image. The gymnast most definitely didn't need any flotation devices in the water, and before I got busy with the Bondo and the spray paint, I promise, she was most definitely a woman. The head, untouched except for colour adjustments, is Lina's from what I believe is a publicity photo.

In other threads at some point in the past, I'd questioned Eli's need for clothing at all except to blend in when people are around. She doesn't get cold, probably doesn't have to worry about getting cut or bruised on furniture, shrubs and the like, and doesn't need to have pockets or purses to carry around survival essentials like credit cards, pocket knives or hair brushes. While it's a part of canon that Eli can "think herself" teeth, claws and wings (and who knows what all else she might think up), if I were an eliform vampire, I'd think all I'd really need are the wings and the strength. Buzz around at an altitude of a few dozen feet, look for somebody who's relatively isolated and do a cannonball drop that finishes up with my heels breaking the victim's collarbones. This, along with being slammed into the ground, would take away the victim's ability to scream or fight at least for the few seconds it takes to get the victim in a rib-crushing bear hug.
I've enjoyed all these thoroughly! My only objection to this one (before it was removed :) ) was that Eli's head was too small for her body. Otherwise, I liked it because it emphasized the terrible contrast between her innocence and her killer instinct; something the poor human on the other end of this attack wouldn't have had to time to contemplate, even if he were a deep thinker. :shock:
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:50 am

Durn. I saved some of the Different Sun images, but not the gymnast. And I especially liked it because Eli was making her hands into claws like she was for the Falun newspaper story. If you know how to attach images to a PM (I don't), I would love to have it on my hard drive.

By the way, as Ptahhotep wrote about 4500 years ago: "Art is without limit, and no craftsman is the master of his craft." Except he wrote it using hieroglyphics.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:41 am

The Pope goes up to Michelangelo.Slaps him on the back just as he's finishing The Creation Of Adam."Heyyy Mike"..He says in a thick Italian accent."Great job.Love the colors but you got it wrong.God and Adam's finger aren't touching".. :lol: Don't be disheartened.Art is always going to be open to interpretation.Some good,some bad.Just they way it is and should be I guess.Important to keep going no matter what and "damn the torpedoes".Must be why suicide rates among artists is so high.I'll leave on that uplifting note..lol..PS..I like ur pics,all of them,very much.
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:13 am

Van Helsing wrote: "You are clever man, friend John; you reason well, and your wit is bold; but you are too prejudiced. You do not let your eyes see nor your ears hear, and that which is outside your daily life is not of account to you. Do you not think that there are things which you cannot understand, and yet which are; that some people see things that others cannot? But there are things old and new which must not be contemplate by men's eyes, because they know--or think they know--some things which other men have told them. Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
Of what's said here about "science" is equally applicable to politics, religion, prevailing social values, philosophies, et cetera, and so on, and so forth, ad infinitum, ad nauseam. The controverse proposition is equally germane in that we persist in believing things for which we have no factual basis. Most of the time, I suspect, that's because we're too canalised to understand that our beliefs may be baseless, and too apathetic and inert to find and affirm or refute them.

We fear what we don't understand, we fear what we think might cut, bite, sting, burn or cause some other unpleasant sensation or bring some kind of harm, and most of us fear what we're told to fear.

What we seem to fear most is ourselves.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:09 am

Thanks! She's in My Pictures.

Your van Helsing quote reminds me of:

[The professor holds up his hand. “In our villages, we still occasionally see pale people walking about at night. Best not to bother them. Sometimes a traveler disappears. But mostly, Señor Ávila, while this narrow crescent that is Western Europe claims to have discovered the whole world – and to have an explanation for all that is therein – the rest of the world resists such certainty."-- Dr. Constantin Drak Grigore.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:57 am

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:28 am

sauvin wrote:Image
How terribly sad!! :cry:
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Pissball

Post by Pissball » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:05 pm

Speaking on the fangs, they should be naturally the human canines but enlarged.
However many movies I see put the fangs were the laterals-incisors are, this may be do they are more noticeable there and the actors don't need to open much their mouth to show them.

Anyway Eli has actually shark-like teeth/fangs, not just two fangs, and his bite sure is more nasty than the two incisions of the classic vampire.

Return to “Fan Art”