From the light of a different sun

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
dongregg

Re: From the light of a different sun

Post by dongregg » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:46 am

Clotsucker! :lol:
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:31 am

For many of us, this is what the movie is all about. Like Oskar, I fell in love with this girl before I even knew her name, and not just because she's prettier than a picture.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:45 pm

sauvin wrote:
Jameron wrote:
sauvin wrote:As for everything Eli underwent to become this ghost, well... some stories are better left untold. :D
A vampire ghost :o

Game over, man. Game over.

And who amongst us die-hard WTI members can claim honestly not to have been haunted by this cute little waif?
Very true.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:36 am

I think my colour-matching skills might be improving somewhat. The background is some random park bench at night. You can still tell this is a cut, paste and twiddle-with-colour-sliders job, but it's not as obvious as some of my other efforts.

This particular exercise has made me realise with a bit more force one of the major reasons I don't like LMI as much as I do LTROI: a great deal of it is YELLOW. If his name had been Oscar instead of Oskar, and hers Ellie instead of Eli, there's a fairish chance their first nighttime encounter in the courtyard or at a nearby park might have happened under sodium lamps. That's OK, but I've never much cared for the jaundiced pall they cast on everybody under them. In LTROI, Oskar and Eli met under a bluish white light. This is an "icy" colour for me, the colour of January under a cloudless blue sky.

Vampirism is, among other things, about disease and about death. Well, more our fear of them than of the things themselves. Death is an established fact; while we might be uneasy about what might await us on the Other Side, it seems easy enough to claim that the departed can fear nothing more from this plane or phase of existence. As such, the fear of death is the fear of inevitability since we must all inevitably perish. Disease is not so much an "established fact" as it is a process, and usually an unpleasant one. Disease often does conclude with death, but it also often has a kind of lifetime of its own, having an onset, a few hours or days of feeling like [CENSORED] and (for me) often a rather rapid decline. I suppose the diseases to dread the most are the ones that don't decline and don't worsen, they just make the remainder of one's earthly existence a misery.

LMI's often jaundiced appearance is exactly that, for me: diseased.

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:12 am

I'm having way too much fun with this image manipulation software. Googling around, I ran across the image of a bat wing, and just couldn't resist.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Don't stop! You're on a roll now. Love it!
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:16 am

What a beautiful little vampire. :wub:
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:52 pm

ltroifanatic wrote:What a beautiful little vampire. :wub:
Ummm, that is not the reaction that is going to keep you on this side of alive-n-breathing. "What a beautiful little vampire," might not be the flight or flight reaction that'll save you.

On the other hand, I'm sure she'll appreciate your (momentary) misguided infatuation :twisted: nom nom

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:15 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:
ltroifanatic wrote:What a beautiful little vampire. :wub:
Ummm, that is not the reaction that is going to keep you on this side of alive-n-breathing. "What a beautiful little vampire," might not be the flight or flight reaction that'll save you.

On the other hand, I'm sure she'll appreciate your (momentary) misguided infatuation :twisted: nom nom
I think it may be a hunting strategy GK and it looks like it's worked.Afraid I might be Geoff on toast. :lol:
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

Return to “Fan Art”