Let The Right One In TV Show Pilot Ordered By TNT

For discussion of A&E's television show Let The Right One In
dongregg

Re: Let The Right One In TV Show Pilot Ordered By TNT

Post by dongregg » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:24 am

I feel guilty about not feeling sorry the pilot is going nowhere. The guilt is because anything the brings readers and viewers to LTROI is good for something. I mean, LMI led some current members of our forum to the book and film. Anyway, TV series or not, LTROI continues to have legs and continues to draw an audience, whether the film or the stage version.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:24 pm

I think had TNT bought the pilot it would have turned out to be a complete disaster. I'm so happy with
this current development. Of course it's not over.
Some network may still pick up the rights for TV production, and then all bets are off.
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:25 pm

At first I thought it would be a total disaster and it still might be,but if it gets anyone curious about the film and the book then that's not a bad thing.I was one of those fans that got curious after watching LMI and look at me now,a total nutcase for LTROI.lol.
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:43 pm

I am a bit concerned that not one but two channels would turn this down. I would have guessed A&E would be willing to take a chance on something potentially oddball given that they just finished a very successful show about Norman Bates as a teenager.

Maybe if they do a new pilot they'll reconsider having kids as the leads. I think 'Stranger Things' showed that it's possible for such a thing to be a hit.
No banaaaanas?

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Mon May 01, 2017 3:03 pm

Not entirely related to LTROI but this may be why A&E turned it down.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/ae-nonficti ... 202077488/

Basically they've stopped with scripted programming and are focusing just on reality stuff. A shame IMO as Bates Motel was really the one thing that made me think a LTROI show could work but on the other hand Bates was really the only success they had with fiction.
No banaaaanas?

JToede

Post by JToede » Tue May 02, 2017 2:10 am

CyberGhostface wrote:Not entirely related to LTROI but this may be why A&E turned it down.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/ae-nonficti ... 202077488/

Basically they've stopped with scripted programming and are focusing just on reality stuff. A shame IMO as Bates Motel was really the one thing that made me think a LTROI show could work but on the other hand Bates was really the only success they had with fiction.
"Unscripted" don't make me laugh, reality shows are more fabricated,scripted and orchestrated than a soap opera.
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

Pissball

Post by Pissball » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:50 pm

Sad this isn't going to happen, because I really wanted to see tv show with the whole book+LTODD and even the other short story, and the circle would be completed.
Glad this isn't going to happen, because TNT+Jeff Davis = Crap. In fact, it looked more a LMI crappy adaptation, than LTROI.

This could be a great mini-series, but it needs a great team (specially the writing and cast) and the right network (Showtime is the best option) too bad they lost the bidding with A&E.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Television Series)”