WTI 2nd Film Viewing - Let Me In

For discussion of Matt Reeve's Film Let Me In

Moderator: LMI Moderator

SpartanAltego

WTI 2nd Film Viewing - Let Me In

Post by SpartanAltego » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:54 pm

Hi, everyone. The fun and successs of last year’s LtROI viewing/discussion/podcast led me to the thought that perhaps we could do the same for Let Me In. I think it might prove interesting given the varied stances on this particular remake (whereas we all more or less share the same view of the first adaptation). Discuss the music, the scenes taken by themselves as well as compared to scenes in the book or Alfredson’s take. Favorite moments, weakest moments, anything that comes to mind!

What do you guys think? Is this something anyone would be interested in?
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

ltroifanatic

Re: WTI 2nd Film Viewing - Let Me In

Post by ltroifanatic » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:36 am

SpartanAltego wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:54 pm
Hi, everyone. The fun and successs of last year’s LtROI viewing/discussion/podcast led me to the thought that perhaps we could do the same for Let Me In. I think it might prove interesting given the varied stances on this particular remake (whereas we all more or less share the same view of the first adaptation). Discuss the music, the scenes taken by themselves as well as compared to scenes in the book or Alfredson’s take. Favorite moments, weakest moments, anything that comes to mind!

Yes.I'm in.The LTROI discussion was so much fun and my infection was begun by LMI so I will always be grateful for it leading me to the Swedish version.LMI is a very strong movie in its own right.So if it happens I'll be there with bells on. :D
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

Mishrashade48

Post by Mishrashade48 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:06 am

SpartanAltego wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:54 pm

Absolutely!!!! Discussing the film in that format would be such a treat!!!

I'm actually listening to the LtROI discussion you all had right now. It is quite enjoyable. :P
All of life's journeys come with meetings, partings, and reunions.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:51 am

I'm in too. The first one was great fun. No reason why a second one wouldn't be. :D
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:38 am

Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:31 pm

Wow, this is already far more interest than I’d dared hope for. Excellent. :D

I’ll have to consider a date for this meeting of the minds. As far as availability are there any factors I should consider such as time zones, work, and so forth? 8-)
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:47 am

Generally speaking I'm OK for any day.I think the east coast of Aust is 10 hours ahead of the east coast of USA.I've got a new puter in the mean time and Skype is a little crazy and for the life of me I can't remember how we did it last time.I'm sure I'll get the bugs out by the time we do it. :D

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:43 am

So, friends, I was thinking either the night of June 22nd or 23rd at around 9:00PM Eastern time! If this would conflict with anyone's availability, please let me know and I'll be sure to try and adjust. If you haven't yet please send me your Skype details so I can compile a group. Also, if anyone knows a good way of recording a call I'd appreciate either sending that info my way or someone volunteering to do it. Worked for the last one after all. 8-)

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:25 am

SpartanAltego wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:43 am
So, friends, I was thinking either the night of June 22nd or 23rd at around 9:00PM Eastern time! If this would conflict with anyone's availability, please let me know and I'll be sure to try and adjust. If you haven't yet please send me your Skype details so I can compile a group. Also, if anyone knows a good way of recording a call I'd appreciate either sending that info my way or someone volunteering to do it. Worked for the last one after all. 8-)
Hi Spartan.The time and dates are fine with me.Now all I have to do is try to figure out this new Skype.I'll get back to you when I have more details. :D

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:14 am

hi Spartan.Just sent you some details (address and time zone)..contact me if you need anything else.I've got to re-view LMI soon to get everything straight before we meet.Exciting. :D

Return to “Let Me In”