An Analysis of Remake Hate

For discussion of Matt Reeve's Film Let Me In

Moderator: LMI Moderator

dongregg

Re: An Analysis of Remake Hate

Post by dongregg » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:08 am

dongregg wrote:From what I've read, LMI is probably a pretty good movie. It isn't at the top of my list, and that's probably all I need to say about it here.
I apologize to any other LTROI fans who will also never be tempted to watch LMI. It was mealy-mouthed of me to say "it isn't at the top of my list." It isn't on my list at all and never will be. However, it was not wrong of me to say it's probably a pretty good movie and that I respect those who found it to be so. No "pretty good" movie is intentionally on my list.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Klesk

Post by Klesk » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:21 pm

I have no problems with remakes. I wish Tim Burton would do a remake of Let the right one in. :cry: :lol:
A creature of the night, that carries the light in itself.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:38 pm

Klesk wrote:I have no problems with remakes. I wish Tim Burton would do a remake of Let the right one in. :cry: :lol:
I can imagine some cool riffs in animation. How about Amy Scott's LTROI meets Twilight?

“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:23 am

Klesk wrote:I have no problems with remakes. I wish Tim Burton would do a remake of Let the right one in. :cry: :lol:
I agree we need another remake. LMI is a very good, excellent reworking of the story. Yet I shudder at at what Tim Burton might do with LTROI. There are so many talented filmmakers... let's elect somebody else.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:07 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:
I agree we need another remake. LMI is a very good, excellent reworking of the story. Yet I shudder at at what Tim Burton might do with LTROI. There are so many talented filmmakers... let's elect somebody else.
Er, I guess Frank Miller is out, too, then. (Just kidding.) ;)

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:05 am

As long as Johnny Depp or Helena Bonham-Carter weren't in it I'd be curious to see what Burton would do. At minimum it wouldn't be as derivative as LMI.
No banaaaanas?

Klesk

Post by Klesk » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:33 pm

CyberGhostface wrote:As long as Johnny Depp or Helena Bonham-Carter weren't in it I'd be curious to see what Burton would do. At minimum it wouldn't be as derivative as LMI.
Maybe Johnny Depp as the vampire lord in Eli's Flashback? :mrgreen:
Well, only a little role would be possible for him.
A creature of the night, that carries the light in itself.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:58 am

After seeing Hugo, I nominate Martin Scorsese.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:30 am

It could be interesting to see what Hayao Miyazaki could do with this story.
But alas, he has retired. Again. :)
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

metoo

Post by metoo » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:38 am

I would like to see a comic version drawn by Rolf Gohs. I think he is the one to pull that through convincingly.
Last edited by metoo on Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

Return to “Let Me In”