Possiblle Actor For The Owen (Oskar) Role?

For discussion of Matt Reeve's Film Let Me In

Moderator: LMI Moderator

Wolfchild

Possiblle Actor For The Owen (Oskar) Role?

Post by Wolfchild » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:14 am

Moviehole.net reports that actor Kodi Smit Mc-Phee is up for the role of Owen (the re-named Oskar) in Matt Reeves' re-adaptation. They claim that they got the story from the Thursday entertainment insert section of The Herald-Sun but I can find no mention of it on their website.

If this kid gets the part I hope they plan on dying his hair blond. Or perhaps this means Abby (the re-named Eli) will be blonde?

EDIT: The article at Moviehole.net doesn't say that Kodi is up for the part of Owen/Oskar. He could also be up the part of one of the bullies or one of the other child characters present in the novel.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Tom

Re: Possiblle Actor For The Owen (Oskar) Role?

Post by Tom » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:00 am

I think Kodi will be great in the remake. 8-)

By the way, can you post this topic on the IMDB message board for the original Swedish film. Many Thanks.

protostar_01

Post by protostar_01 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:14 am

Kodi is going to be 13 when the filming starts. If you've seen any current pictures of Lina, who is 13, she looks more like a teenager. Hopefully the hormones don't kick and give Kodi a growth spurt.

I believe Kare and Lina were around 11 when they shot LTROI. Both were more childlike which I felt made the movie work so well.

Aurora

Post by Aurora » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:58 am

I think that'll he be good in the part too. I don't think his age will be too much of a problem as boys tend to start puberty later than girls. It'll be interesting to see who gets chosen for the Abbey (Eli) role, that could be harder to get right.
Team Eli

Return to “Let Me In”