What do you think would of happened...,

For discussion of Matt Reeve's Film Let Me In

Moderator: LMI Moderator

Jencer07

What do you think would of happened...,

Post by Jencer07 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:45 pm

In the scene where Abby takes a shower and puts on Owens mothers dress right before the mother gets home. When she does, they rush into Owens room and close the door. What do you think would of happened if the mother walked in and saw the two of them ? And abby wearing one of her clothes ?

gkmoberg1

Re: What do you think would of happened...,

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:51 am

Well, there's also the bag of Abby's bloody clothes. That'd a be an additional problem for the two kids to explain. :twisted:

Owen's mom might be too flabbergasted to know what to say! It does not appear that Owen is one to have friends over. To have her discover not only discover that he has a friend over, but that it's a girl, and then that this girl is wearing one of her dresses? I'm not at all sure how mom would handle that. Sh might stagger back to the kitchen and have a good glass of wine. What do you think?

There's a really good fanfic, btw, about this from the Eli & Oskar point of view somewhere in the Fan Fiction section. The mom catches the two of them in bed shortly after Eli arrives. So it's not exactly like this idea of yours. In that fanfic, the scene is Eli's first sleepover. Eli is naked and Oskar is wearing whatever little he wears to bed. Dang, I have to go find it.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:57 am

I'm going to guess that the experience would not go well. Abby would be sent back to her apartment. Then, the mom might have a complete meltdown discussing new ground rules with Owen regarding whom is allowed in their apartment when she ( mom ) is not home. This'd be followed a good glass of wine. Owen would be humiliated and spend the rest of the evening tapping through the wall to Abby while mom slept it off on the sofa in the main room.

I'm not sure how the dress would be handled. Or the bag of bloody clothes. Or explaining any of this to Owen's mom. Maybe the kids would get lucky and Abby could escape back to her apartment with the bag of clothes without Owen's mom getting a good look in the bag. They might start off with a claim that they spilled something on Abby's clothes and that she was going to borrow the dress just for the moment. Yeh, that's the ticket.

lombano

Post by lombano » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:43 pm

Abby would've gotten called a whore of Babylon and plenty more Biblical name-calling for seducing Owen, Owen would've been threatened with fire and brimstone and being grounded until the Second Coming, and once alone the mother would've breathed a huge sigh of relief.
Bli mig lite.

intrige

Post by intrige » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:04 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote: There's a really good fanfic, btw, about this from the Eli & Oskar point of view somewhere in the Fan Fiction section. The mom catches the two of them in bed shortly after Eli arrives. So it's not exactly like this idea of yours. In that fanfic, the scene is Eli's first sleepover. Eli is naked and Oskar is wearing whatever little he wears to bed. Dang, I have to go find it.
Here it is GK :) viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3337
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:10 am

I think that old vampire charisma would be put to the test for sure.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:10 pm

@lombano: you might be right. It depends on how fervent she is with her religion. I've known some people who are like this. I can see this happening! Doesn't make for good relations though.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:22 pm

intrige wrote:
gkmoberg1 wrote: There's a really good fanfic, btw, about this from the Eli & Oskar point of view somewhere in the Fan Fiction section. The mom catches the two of them in bed shortly after Eli arrives. So it's not exactly like this idea of yours. In that fanfic, the scene is Eli's first sleepover. Eli is naked and Oskar is wearing whatever little he wears to bed. Dang, I have to go find it.
Here it is GK :) viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3337
Yup, that's it! :wub: One of my fav all-time fanfic threads. ( I reread that thread today and now terribly miss that time. emo. )

lombano

Post by lombano » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:46 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:@lombano: you might be right. It depends on how fervent she is with her religion. I've known some people who are like this. I can see this happening! Doesn't make for good relations though.
No it doesn't make for good relations, then again they don't really get along already.
Forgot to add that after the huge sigh of relief, the mother would probably pour herself a drink, telling herself she needs a drink after such a shock, but there would be something a little celebratory about it.
Bli mig lite.

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:10 pm

Celebratory in the thought that she might someday have grandchildren whom she could harangue and preach to for a couple of hours on the last Sunday of each month?
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

Return to “Let Me In”