What do you think would of happened...,

For discussion of Matt Reeve's Film Let Me In

Moderator: LMI Moderator

lombano

Re: What do you think would of happened...,

Post by lombano » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:28 pm

In part, yes, sort of. But my gut feeling is that she would've been relieved mainly in that Owen was showing interest in a girl and not in, well, boys.
Bli mig lite.

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:32 pm

That's kinda what I was trying to say without saying. :D
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

Alice?Maybe

Post by Alice?Maybe » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:38 pm

Oh no, you'll probably hate me for reviving a thread that hasn't been posted in for almost a year. Forgive me, but...

Owen's mom is so incredibly egocentric. We know she likes her wine and cocktails, we have evidence that she is still hopelessly addicted to her abusive ex. She can really only think if herself and her grief over losing an abusive relationship. Yes, she prays and her ex thinks she's a religious nut.

So, IF Abby wasn't so fast or lingered like Eli in LTROI and mom found her. She'd freak. Scream a bunch of crap, probably religiously based, plus some. Oh she would make it all about her. She's too caught up in herself to be a Margaret White. Then when she tired she'd walk out to go find a drink. She may walk out with leaving Abby and Owen in his room together. Egocentric alcoholics are notoriously inconsistent and unstable. After the drink she may go back and invite Abby to dinner. Somewhere in her mind she sees their wedding.
"I'm not a girl" (except when I am)

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:39 pm

Alice?Maybe wrote:Oh no, you'll probably hate me for reviving a thread that hasn't been posted in for almost a year. Forgive me, but....
Good post, such as we've quickly come to anticpate from you. I had trepidations, too, about reviving old posts, but forum veterans assured me that it's a good thing to do.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Alice?Maybe

Post by Alice?Maybe » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:15 am

dongregg wrote:
Alice?Maybe wrote:Oh no, you'll probably hate me for reviving a thread that hasn't been posted in for almost a year. Forgive me, but....
Good post, such as we've quickly come to anticpate from you. I had trepidations, too, about reviving old posts, but forum veterans assured me that it's a good thing to do.
Thank you.
"I'm not a girl" (except when I am)

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:14 pm

Alice?Maybe wrote:
dongregg wrote:
Thank you.
Here's yet another "veteran" who sometimes does run across very old topics and posts new stuff in them. :twisted:

lombano

Post by lombano » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:10 pm

Alice?Maybe wrote: So, IF Abby wasn't so fast or lingered like Eli in LTROI and mom found her. She'd freak. Scream a bunch of crap, probably religiously based, plus some. Oh she would make it all about her. She's too caught up in herself to be a Margaret White. Then when she tired she'd walk out to go find a drink. She may walk out with leaving Abby and Owen in his room together. Egocentric alcoholics are notoriously inconsistent and unstable. After the drink she may go back and invite Abby to dinner. Somewhere in her mind she sees their wedding.
Come to think of it, yes, I can kind of picture her, once she's had another drink, after lots of biblical cursing at Abby for corrupting her purer-than-pure little boy, to go back, thinking of their marriage. To be fair, Abby is old enough to get married and has been for a long time, although I can see problems arising for any attempted religious marriage...
Bli mig lite.

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:47 am

lombano wrote:... Abby is old enough to get married and has been for a long time, although I can see problems arising for any attempted religious marriage...
... in the blood of (whole huge honking flocks of) the Lamb ...

Return to “Let Me In”