A new LMI message board

For discussion of Matt Reeve's Film Let Me In

Moderator: LMI Moderator

DavidZahir

A new LMI message board

Post by DavidZahir » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:41 pm

I've been invited to post this link here: http://doyoulikeme.proboards.com/index.cgi

As some of you know, the Be Me A Little message board has been infected, assaulted, basically ruined by spam. The exact reasons don't matter, but due to a peculiar set of circumstances no immediate remedy was in sight.

Hence the new board (link above) Do You Like Me? Honestly, it most certainly is and will presumably remain a LMI-centric board, but there are subforums about LTROI as well as Lindqvist and frankly other areas of interest. The rules are extremely simple. Post in the correct forum. Don't be obscene. Remember a bunch of these actors we're talking about are under-age. Don't be personally insulting. But disagree and debate all you like! Right now we have two Administrators to handle less than a dozen members. I'll cheerfully add more as the need or desire seems to arise. I'm fairly laissez-faire about such things.

Pretty much everyone's invited. Fanart and fanfic both welcome--LMI and LTROI and other subjects as well (I've posted most of a Buffy fanfic in the appropriate place for example). Hopefully, you'll like it enough to tell your friends! 8-)
O let my name be in the Book of Love. If it be there I care not
For that Other great Book above. Strike it out! Or write it in anew--
But let My name be in the Book of Love!
-- Omar Kayam

Wolfchild

Re: A new LMI message board

Post by Wolfchild » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:47 am

Good luck with the new site. I don't think that Phil, Harpo et al at BMAL quite understood that running a site is not a launch-and-leave effort. It's not like putting a cake in the oven, it's more barbecuing - you best go turn the meat occasionally. :) They were giving it a good try, though.

I offered Phil whatever help he wanted, and I'll make you the same offer. If there is anything that I can do, feel free to ask.

If you ever want to switch from ProBoards to phpBB (which is free, but you need someplace to host it), I definitely have some wisdom that I can pass along.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

varamiglite

Post by varamiglite » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:56 am

Wolfchild wrote:Good luck with the new site. I don't think that Phil, Harpo et al at BMAL quite understood that running a site is not a launch-and-leave effort. It's not like putting a cake in the oven, it's more barbecuing - you best go turn the meat occasionally. :) They were giving it a good try, though.

I offered Phil whatever help he wanted, and I'll make you the same offer. If there is anything that I can do, feel free to ask.

If you ever want to switch from ProBoards to phpBB (which is free, but you need someplace to host it), I definitely have some wisdom that I can pass along.
It's not like the Ronco rotisserie? "Set it and forget it!"

Okay, that was corny but I had to say it :lol:

I'll have to check out the new site pretty soon, curious to see what it has to offer.
slog tillbaka. hårt.

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:29 am

I haven't bopped over there yet, but will do so in a few minutes after having caught up here. I, too, will help as much as I can.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

Lee Kyle

Post by Lee Kyle » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:11 am

David's done a great job on the new site. Haven't seen a single spam! That's quite a treat after what happened to BMAL.

bendicott

Post by bendicott » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:19 pm

Any chance of archiving the (non-spam) content from BMAL?

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:42 am

bendicott wrote:Any chance of archiving the (non-spam) content from BMAL?
Isn't it serving as its own archive? Where would you move it to? :think:
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Lee Kyle

Post by Lee Kyle » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:38 am

BMAL does not exist anymore, so it cannot serve as its own archive.

It had several months in which most of its content no longer existed (only a few old posts), but the site could still be accessed. But now it is simply gone. I also wish the old content could have been preserved. Fortunately, when the site started being destroyed by spam and I realized its days were probably numbered, I copied the content I most wanted saved.

Lee Kyle

Post by Lee Kyle » Sun May 26, 2013 2:26 am

Just bought David Blue's book

http://www.amazon.com/Your-Vampire-Stor ... pire+story

I like his advice in the intro: Write the story you want to read.

David's articles and thoughts on vampires have been so helpful to me. Hoping the book proves the same.

DavidZahir

Post by DavidZahir » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:55 am

Thanks so much Lee!
O let my name be in the Book of Love. If it be there I care not
For that Other great Book above. Strike it out! Or write it in anew--
But let My name be in the Book of Love!
-- Omar Kayam

Return to “Let Me In”