addicted to let me in and let the right one in (novel)

For discussion of Matt Reeve's Film Let Me In

Moderator: LMI Moderator

let me out

addicted to let me in and let the right one in (novel)

Post by let me out » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:19 pm

how many times have you seen the film and read the novel ? :?: :?: :?:

ive seen let me in 22 times
ive seen LTROI 2 times
and read the book 5 times
all in about 3 months........
also i liked the fan fic once bitten... :D

a_contemplative_life

Re: addicted to let me in and let the right one in (novel)

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:44 pm

I have seen LTROI probably 10 to 15 times, and certain scenes in it many times more than that. I have read the novel about twice total and again, I've read parts of it more of often than that. And of course, the FF . . . well . . . :oops:

varamiglite

Post by varamiglite » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:52 pm

I never really counted but I usually watch both movies at least twice a week since August. I was at a point where I watched LMI about 4 times a week so when the math is all done approximately:

LMI: Guessing about 40-50 times

LTROI: Around 30-35 times

The book: I started reading it a second time, then got into another book about halfway through. I have yet to continue my second read-through. I've also kind of abandoned it in pursuit of my own story. I'll pick it back up eventually.
slog tillbaka. hårt.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:55 pm

I've seen the film LTROI over 20 times. I've sort of lost count. The most recent complete viewing was about a week ago. I've read the entire novel twice, but many parts of it countless times, especially when checking facts in order to post to different threads on the forum. I also have a copy of the film on my I-phone, so there are certain scenes I've seen more times than I can count. :wub: (Every now and then I need a quick 'fix'.) :D

I've seen LMI about 6 times, but each time I see it, I like it better. ;)
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

let me out

Post by let me out » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:56 pm

i wish they had a chat box on here ...

:x :x :x :x :x

JToede

Post by JToede » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:01 pm

I can't count how many times I've seen them both and I've read the book about 3 times completely and read parts about... a lot. :?: My wife got so tired of me that she hid my DVDs. She told me that it was either her or the movies, I'll sure will miss her ;) (j/k)
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

Makalli

Post by Makalli » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:15 pm

I've seen LTROI 20+ times (lost count- probably 25-ish)
I've seen LMI 5 times
I'm currently on the second read through of the book
And it just gets better and better :D .
Döden besökte mig i morse. Vi spelar schack tillsammans.

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:33 pm

I've read the novel twice, with rereadings of selected passages not counted.

I don't even WANT to know how many times I've seen both movies, or at least had them playing while I was doing other stuff. There were a good solid couple of months I'd get home, fire up the lappie and start the movie player. No need to look for the DVD, it never left the drive, not even once.

I went to see LMI three times, I think it was, while it was still playing within an hour's drive of where I live. I have that DVD now, too, and it lived for quite a while in another computer's DVD drive. There've even been times when I'd be flat on my back in bed, surfing, chatting and watching *both* movies at the same time on the same computer. (having a bit of knowledge of networky things can be SO handy...)

Wanna talk "addicted"? I'm an idiot.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

varamiglite

Post by varamiglite » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:57 pm

sauvin wrote:I've read the novel twice, with rereadings of selected passages not counted.

I don't even WANT to know how many times I've seen both movies, or at least had them playing while I was doing other stuff. There were a good solid couple of months I'd get home, fire up the lappie and start the movie player. No need to look for the DVD, it never left the drive, not even once.

I went to see LMI three times, I think it was, while it was still playing within an hour's drive of where I live. I have that DVD now, too, and it lived for quite a while in another computer's DVD drive. There've even been times when I'd be flat on my back in bed, surfing, chatting and watching *both* movies at the same time on the same computer. (having a bit of knowledge of networky things can be SO handy...)

Wanna talk "addicted"? I'm an idiot.
Hm, I have never thought about watching both movies at the same time :think: I could have one running on TV and the other on my laptop. I can't really do the networking thing. I chose the PC repair route in tech school and skipped out on networking. I may have to try running the two at the same time though, could be fun!
slog tillbaka. hårt.

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:07 pm

varamiglite wrote: Hm, I have never thought about watching both movies at the same time :think: I could have one running on TV and the other on my laptop. I can't really do the networking thing. I chose the PC repair route in tech school and skipped out on networking. I may have to try running the two at the same time though, could be fun!
With Linux, it's easy. Machine A has the LTROI DVD in its DVDROM, Machine B has the LMI DVD in its DVDROM, machine C sshfs'd to both machines with -o follow_symlinks, and one mplayer window for each movie. :twisted:

No clue how well it works, but I believe Macintosh people can pull a similar stunt if they have enough machines.

Alternatively, external USB DVDROMs are cheap and dead simple to use. :twisted:
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

Return to “Let Me In”