Is that a puzzle?

For discussion of Matt Reeve's Film Let Me In

Moderator: LMI Moderator

the_value_of_x

Is that a puzzle?

Post by the_value_of_x » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:04 am

So, I was thinking about nuclear power plants the other day, and it dawned on me that Abby has seen at least one Rubix cube before. Why? Because she owns one! This brings her conversation about Owen's cube into question. Though, personally, it was probably just an attempt to make conversation, rather than seriously lazy writing. What does everyone else think?

"If you can do a half-assed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind."
~Kurt Vonnegut

DarkGuyver

Re: Is that a puzzle?

Post by DarkGuyver » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:46 am

The cube, which Abby has is quite similar to the actual Rubix Cube, which we are all familar with. However there is a major difference between the one, which Abby has and the one we are familar with. For instance the Rubix Cube we are all familar with, has the ability to rotate different sides and sections along mulitple different directions. But the one, which Abby has appears to only allow you to rotate the sections horizontally.

tman

Post by tman » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:28 pm

I certainly noticed that 'cube' puzzle holding down the note for Owen as well. Slight variation on the theme, but years older. Maybe that's why she was intrigued with Owen's modern cube. Infact, all the puzzles Abby had looked very old. She must have been bored senseless with them!

SPiN

Post by SPiN » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:50 pm

tman wrote:I certainly noticed that 'cube' puzzle holding down the note for Owen as well. Slight variation on the theme, but years older. Maybe that's why she was intrigued with Owen's modern cube. Infact, all the puzzles Abby had looked very old. She must have been bored senseless with them!
the cube puzzle that abby has...the antique looking one, has a magical cure in it. it cures the vampire virus. shes spent centuries trying to solve it. she will only succeed if she falls in love...
im worried that we may have gotten our lunchables mixed up

tman

Post by tman » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:14 pm

SPiN wrote:the cube puzzle that abby has...the antique looking one, has a magical cure in it. it cures the vampire virus. shes spent centuries trying to solve it. she will only succeed if she falls in love...
Man that's sweet SPiN. Real sweet. If only eh!

varamiglite

Post by varamiglite » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:25 pm

SPiN wrote:
tman wrote:I certainly noticed that 'cube' puzzle holding down the note for Owen as well. Slight variation on the theme, but years older. Maybe that's why she was intrigued with Owen's modern cube. Infact, all the puzzles Abby had looked very old. She must have been bored senseless with them!
the cube puzzle that abby has...the antique looking one, has a magical cure in it. it cures the vampire virus. shes spent centuries trying to solve it. she will only succeed if she falls in love...
She wouldn't need that cube if she'd just grub up a little cash and buy an Atari! It can't cure being a vampire but it can make being a vampire a lot less mundane! I have a feeling the movie would have been a lot different if Abby had an Atari.

Owen (in Morse code on wall): "Hi"
No answer.
Owen: "Hey"
No answer
Owen: "Abby"
Abby( knocking furiously): "Knock it off I'm trying to play E.T!"
slog tillbaka. hårt.

SPiN

Post by SPiN » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:03 am

varamiglite wrote:
SPiN wrote:
She wouldn't need that cube if she'd just grub up a little cash and buy an Atari! It can't cure being a vampire but it can make being a vampire a lot less mundane! I have a feeling the movie would have been a lot different if Abby had an Atari.

Owen (in Morse code on wall): "Hi"
No answer.
Owen: "Hey"
No answer
Owen: "Abby"
Abby( knocking furiously): "Knock it off I'm trying to play E.T!"
clever KD
thanks for the chuckle... :mrgreen:
im worried that we may have gotten our lunchables mixed up

varamiglite

Post by varamiglite » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:12 am