Amazing LMI short

For discussion of Matt Reeve's Film Let Me In

Moderator: LMI Moderator

tman

Re: Amazing LMI short

Post by tman » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:49 am

varamiglite wrote:Who told you it doesn't pack an emotional punch?!? I feel like this film changed my perspective on a lot of different things, in a way it changed my life!
Could a movie stimulate a life changing event? If you'd have asked me that a month ago, I'd have laughed. How the hell can a movie trigger so many deep feelings and emotions. How can it still be in your head weeks later? How can you watch the movie over and over and never tire of it? How can the same scenes seem fresh no matter how many times you watch them?

This movie has changed a lot of people in ways they can't explain. Are we soul searching now, looking back on things from our past? Did we so want to the Abby/Owen relationship to work that we're now trying desperately to find ways to make it so? I spent the first two weeks after watching LMI feeling really down. I was distracted, and found it difficult to concentrate on things. I still am in many ways. It always feels like there's now a void inside you that isn't being filled, somethings missing. That's why I had to find out if it was just me, or whether other people felt the same. Luckily, I've met some excellent people who DO, which is great. Maybe we can all help each other in some ways.

SPiN

Re: Amazing LMI short

Post by SPiN » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:18 pm

tman wrote: Could a movie stimulate a life changing event? If you'd have asked me that a month ago, I'd have laughed. How can a movie trigger so many deep feelings and emotions. How can it still be in your head weeks later? How can you watch the movie over and over and never tire of it? How can the same scenes seem fresh no matter how many times you watch them?

tman's statment is not an exaggeration. i would have laughed too. and said some other things.
so i appreciate where hes coming from. its a cool feeling to interact with people who feel the same way
the film may mean more or less depending how you interpet the film. some will see it once and think, hmm, that was good or that was bad.
same applies to the other movie. i read on some posts after seeing LMI that the original was so amazing. i saw it and im glad i did.

hopefully LMI stays on my brain for a while.
im worried that we may have gotten our lunchables mixed up

Return to “Let Me In”