Let Me Out song

For discussion of Matt Reeve's Film Let Me In

Moderator: LMI Moderator

stevenpotts3@aol.com

Let Me Out song

Post by stevenpotts3@aol.com » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:36 am

On the soundtrack, when Owen sees the old photo of Abby and Thomas, the song that plays is called; Let Me Out. What do you think that represents? That nothing in the film means anything new or special to Abby? That Abby is truly manipulating Owen and doesn't even love him at all? That the photo is the opposite to what Abby truly has with Owen?( that being the first normal friendship in 200 years) That the photo says the opposite of what Thomas's relationship with Abby really was? Or simply that Owen was demanding Abby to Let him leave her apartment?

What's your Theory?

SPiN

Re: Let Me Out song

Post by SPiN » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:00 am

Steven.
That's a good pick up on that song. The director does a phenomenal job with dropping nuggets for the audience. Some dont like it because it insults their intelligence. I thinks great it that it adds layers to the story. What do you think it represents. I want to know your thoughts.

Do yourself a favor and read the posts here. The discussions are impressive. It's like a bunch of lawyers trying to state their case(s). They use facts. But rather interpretations.
I've been going back and forth depending in which post that I'm reading here. The posts are that good
We can agree that people are passionate about this story

Here's my take. And we'll just use what we see.
Theres a monster named Abby. Who falls for a human boy. No m-word.
He falls for her too while dealing with real drama
There's a serial murderer harboring the monster. And he cares for her so much he will sacrifice his life for her
The monster kills the boys tormentors and they leave together. Obviously that's a poor recap. But it's techinically what we all see and can say that we saw. I guess that's the surface of it. And my take is at the moment the film ends and how you feel about at that moment is the best guess. It when you process it and attempt to recapture the magic is when you poke holes and need validation. And here we go

I'm on all out attack mode in reading all that I can about what people think. It's fascinating.
If you havent read the book or seen the original. Dont worry. It will be mentioned. More than once
I've seen the original once, LMI seven times. Reading the novel now
im worried that we may have gotten our lunchables mixed up

Return to “Let Me In”