the obsession...

For discussion of Matt Reeve's Film Let Me In

Moderator: LMI Moderator

SPiN

the obsession...

Post by SPiN » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:36 pm

hello everyone...

well, im entering week three of my new obsession.
ive seen the Original once, LMI seven times and currently reading the novel.

this is the first time a movie has touched me in a way that i actually wish it was real. sounds bad. i know.
but after plowing thru all these posts and seeing what everyone had to say and contribute (in a amazing way i might add)
i feel my obession is teetering on obvious next step...the collectible side. its only normal. thats how we are. if we like something, we have to let everyone know.
like with my phillies jersey. if you saw me on the street, you would know im a phillies fan.

i would like to know if any of you have crossed the line to collectibles?
i see people express their admiration for the film/novel thru fanfic or artwork. TERRIFIC work, creative and with such passion.
me, im not quite like that. so was thinking of a movie poster or something like that. i have the bluray dvd, the cheap one, not the slip cover with comic, damn you best buy.

what do you guys have, if any. just wondering. :think:
im worried that we may have gotten our lunchables mixed up

SPiN

Re: the obsession...

Post by SPiN » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:19 pm

i like the musical score. it defintely didnt detract from the overall mood.
from all the posts i read, it seems it wasnt very popular. i recall like 2 out of 2000 posts saying they liked it.
so i checked it out on amazon...and the title listing of the songs are as if they are titles for the scene selections on the dvd...

1. Hammertime
2. Los Alamos
3. Sins Of The Father
4. Peeping Owen
5. Bully Thy Name
6. The Back Seat Killer
7. The Blood Flood
8. The Asphalt Jungle Gym
9. At Your Disposal
10. Neighbors Of Love
11. First Date Jitters
12. Killer In-Stinks
13. Acid Test Dummy
14. Visitation Rights
15. New Day On An Old Lake
16. Polling For Owen
17. Owen Remember Thy Swashing Blow
18. Blood By Any Other Name
19. Regarding Evil
20. Let Me Out
21. Virginia Territory
22. Invitation Only
23. Dread On Arrival
24. Parting Sorrows
25. The Weakest Goes To The Pool
26. Trained And Steady (Film Version)
27. End Credits
28. Trained And Steady (Original Track)

what do you think of the last song? anything to read into it?
just curious...

intrige

Post by intrige » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:26 pm

I do have the novel in Norwegian, and an Swedish DVD bought in Sweden.. I don't know.. I am too young to boy T-shirts where ever I go, online. or to travel to Blackeberg, or meet JAL: I will one day, do everything. I will get hard covers of the swedish and norwegian novel (with the original cover) make JAL sign one for me, and one for my LTROI obsessed niece. Then me and her will travel to Blackeberg, and I'll even bring a rubik's cube like GoV did, and sign it. HAH! Many of us have done some crazy things. And some of us have T-shirts. Or this:
http://www.propstore.com/products.htm?movieId=1758
Yeah some of us even bough some outfits, with those crazy prises. Say no more!! I am not there, because I can't..
Some also have other people's fanart framed on their wall. :)
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

SPiN

Post by SPiN » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:42 pm

intrige wrote:I do have the novel in Norwegian, and an Swedish DVD bought in Sweden.. I don't know.. I am too young to boy T-shirts where ever I go, online. or to travel to Blackeberg, or meet JAL: I will one day, do everything. I will get hard covers of the swedish and norwegian novel (with the original cover) make JAL sign one for me, and one for my LTROI obsessed niece. Then me and her will travel to Blackeberg, and I'll even bring a rubik's cube like GoV did, and sign it. HAH! Many of us have done some crazy things. And some of us have T-shirts. Or this:
http://www.propstore.com/products.htm?movieId=1758
Yeah some of us even bough some outfits, with those crazy prises. Say no more!! I am not there, because I can't..
Some also have other people's fanart framed on their wall. :)
i get you intrige, im like you...im an adult, so i dont know how fanboy i can get...but the point for me is that this film (premise) has consumed me.
im more of a sports watching kinda guy, so this is a welcome recess from the everyday world. i might get a poster or something like that, just so my girlfriend is reminded what my favorite film is.

yo, just saw the link for Hakkan's toolbox...woah. thats legit. is that the actual one?
how much is that baby in US Dollars? that is NEAT.

i was reading a poster named HarpoSpoke on his field trip to Los Alamos...he said he will post pictures soon. man, thats a sweet trip. he got to see all the scenes and stuff in person.

a rubik's cube is a great ice breaker...might have to pick up one of those. never know when a vampire will swoop in looking for a puzzle. or snack

varamiglite

Post by varamiglite » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:32 pm

I think I took the infection/obsession a little further than collectibles. I have the words "Be me a little." tattooed from elbow to wrist on my right arm. Got it 8 days ago to show my undying affection for everything LTROI related, and for my own personal reasons. I'm looking for an original hardcover of LTROI but have so far either come short or they're WAY out of my budget.
slog tillbaka. hårt.

SPiN

Post by SPiN » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:06 am

varamiglite wrote:I think I took the infection/obsession a little further than collectibles. I have the words "Be me a little." tattooed from elbow to wrist on my right arm. Got it 8 days ago to show my undying affection for everything LTROI related, and for my own personal reasons. I'm looking for an original hardcover of LTROI but have so far either come short or they're WAY out of my budget.
yo varamiglite.

THAT IS SERIOUS.
serious props on that.
i really dont have anything to say. that takes the cake.
no one can top that.

guess my big movie poster isnt such a big deal now! :mrgreen:

you da man bro. serious. you even out abby'd abby.

varamiglite

Post by varamiglite » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:28 am

SPiN wrote:
varamiglite wrote:I think I took the infection/obsession a little further than collectibles. I have the words "Be me a little." tattooed from elbow to wrist on my right arm. Got it 8 days ago to show my undying affection for everything LTROI related, and for my own personal reasons. I'm looking for an original hardcover of LTROI but have so far either come short or they're WAY out of my budget.
yo varamiglite.

THAT IS SERIOUS.
serious props on that.
i really dont have anything to say. that takes the cake.
no one can top that.

guess my big movie poster isnt such a big deal now! :mrgreen:

you da man bro. serious. you even out abby'd abby.
Haha thanks but I wasn't trying to upstage anyone, I just wanted to capture the moment with something permanent. I have a thing for "capturing moments" on my skin. I've gotten tattoos to remember road trips I've taken, or bands I liked at the time, or in that case an obsession with an awesome story. Also I can relate to that line so well, heck I think all of us can to some extent, fan of the story or not. We've all wanted someone to walk in our shoes before they point fingers. Honestly I think the ultimate fan piece would be either a rubik's cube signed by JAL or a few cast members of either movie, or possibly the signed copy of the LTROI hardcover going on ebay right now for 250.
Last edited by varamiglite on Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slog tillbaka. hårt.

SPiN

Post by SPiN » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:23 am

250 for the hardcover AND autograph?
You better jump on that for real.
But I get you. You got passion.
Anyone can respect that.
You stole my thunder tho, was going get the heart tat with abby's name in it.
You out abby'd me.

Was just reading a post titled "who loves abby"
Damn those dudes broke it down.
Its a must read. I need to absorb it.
It takes my facination to whole new level.
They were discussing abby's physical during the pool scene.
Did owen see abby or monster named abby.
All this time, I assumed owen saw the smiling face of abby.
But what if he looked into the eyes of the monster instead?
I love this forum.

But props on the LTROI ink.
I'm a fan of yours now too.

varamiglite

Post by varamiglite » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:45 am

I'd still get the Abby ink if I were you! If I may suggest I'd maybe get the heart with small fang marks in it with a floating banner with "Abby" written in it in script or Sailor Jerry lettering. Unless you've already drawn up an idea or have had someone else draw one up I may be able to help. If I'm intruding just tell me, I'm just throwing my two cents in and I've designed tattoos for several people. I don't apply them but I draw them.

As for the book, if I had 250 to spare I'd be on it like white on rice, but I don't have money like that to toss around. I was lucky to come up with the 70 for the tattoo!
slog tillbaka. hårt.

Bustedstuff15

Post by Bustedstuff15 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:38 am

I have a big poster of LTROI. I also have a signed book from JAL that says " for an infected"...its pretty cool.
There’s a darkness upon me that’s flooded in light

Return to “Let Me In”