LMI versus LTROI DEATH MATCH ANALYSIS

For discussion of Matt Reeve's Film Let Me In

Moderator: LMI Moderator

drakkar

Re: LMI versus LTROI DEATH MATCH ANALYSIS

Post by drakkar » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:12 pm

It was some article about Hoyte van Hoytema or Tomas Alfredson. Try google a bit - it's a lot of serious stuff about this film out there.
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

DavidZahir

Post by DavidZahir » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:39 pm

Taliesin is actually a friend of mine. He wrote the preface to my book The Annotated Carmilla. I thought his review one of the best out there. Methinks Abby--like most sentient beings--is neither good nor bad, and also BOTH. Life is complex like that.
O let my name be in the Book of Love. If it be there I care not
For that Other great Book above. Strike it out! Or write it in anew--
But let My name be in the Book of Love!
-- Omar Kayam

SPiN

Post by SPiN » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:23 pm

DavidZahir wrote:Methinks Abby--like most sentient beings--is neither good nor bad, and also BOTH. Life is complex like that.

i like this because it proves to me, that when the monster named abby left owen in the basement, it wasnt the good abby or the bad abby, but abby deciding that Owen is not food. whether she cared for him at that point enough to not eat him, i think that she could at least decide that she shouldnt eat him. which means her intentions are always her own intentions and not a vampire vs little girl struggle. the impression i get from others is that when shes shifts to a monster, blood is all she cares about...and when she is back to "normal" shes displays compassion (im hoping)...if shes both, then regardless of her physical state, she can make decisions.

p.s. when Owen drags himself out of the pool and looks up at Abby, do you think he sees her monster face or girl face?
im worried that we may have gotten our lunchables mixed up

Return to “Let Me In”