LMI versus LTROI DEATH MATCH ANALYSIS

For discussion of Matt Reeve's Film Let Me In

Moderator: LMI Moderator

DavidZahir

Re: LMI versus LTROI DEATH MATCH ANALYSIS

Post by DavidZahir » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:33 am

I've seen that video before. The guy doing it is a poltroon. Obviously adores the sound of his own kinda/sorta "wit" the way all too many "critics" do.

Said it before, no doubt be saying it again...I loved both movies. Loved the book. Each is itself and wonderful. LMI moves me personally slightly more for the simple reason I 'get' it all, being an American, not Swedish. Just resonates with my cultural language better.

You can go back and forth over which has what strengths. Daresay that might even have some value. But much of it comes down to choices and nuances. I harken the two films to the various versions of Dracula, of Hound of the Baskervilles, of Pride and Prejudice, etc.
Last edited by DavidZahir on Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
O let my name be in the Book of Love. If it be there I care not
For that Other great Book above. Strike it out! Or write it in anew--
But let My name be in the Book of Love!
-- Omar Kayam

EEA

Post by EEA » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:13 am

When I was finish reading Frankestein I was thinking about how the creature relates to Eli and Abby. They both seek a place in a world that has abandoned them. Except Eli and Abby can blend in with how they appear while the creature is shunned and hated by those who see him. He tries to believe that he has a chance while he tries to introduced himself to the blind man and his family. But once they see him the woman start to scream and he has to hide. He wants a to belong but even his own creator loathes him. Also with The Invisible Man in that the powers that they have are a cursed.

Luftwaffles

Post by Luftwaffles » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:33 am

DavidZahir wrote:I've seen that video before. The guy doing it is an ass-hat. Obviously adores the sound of his own kinda/sorta "wit" the way all too many "critics" do.

Said it before, no doubt be saying it again...I loved both movies. Loved the book. Each is itself and wonderful. LMI moves me personally slightly more for the simple reason I 'get' it all, being an American, not Swedish. Just resonates with my cultural language better.

You can go back and forth over which has what strengths. Daresay that might even have some value. But much of it comes down to choices and nuances. I harken the two films to the various versions of Dracula, of Hound of the Baskervilles, of Pride and Prejudice, etc.
Anyone else want to learn Swedish just so we can hear the nuances of the dialogue better? lol
Well, the way I imagine it, Eli and Oskar are happy forever being vampires, working seasonally at a blood-bank with poor book-keeping skills.

JToede

Post by JToede » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:15 am

[quote="Luftwaffles"]I really like them both. LMI is what got me to find LTROI in the first place, but LTROI is by far my favorite :wub:

I just like you Luftwaffles, it was LMI-LTROI-then the book. For me it is the story, not one movie or the other. I have learned a few words in swedish from watching the movie on my laptop and then looking them up on google translate or babel fish. Am I the only one who does that?
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

Luftwaffles

Post by Luftwaffles » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:52 am

JToede wrote:
Luftwaffles wrote:I really like them both. LMI is what got me to find LTROI in the first place, but LTROI is by far my favorite :wub:

I just like you Luftwaffles, it was LMI-LTROI-then the book. For me it is the story, not one movie or the other. I have learned a few words in swedish from watching the movie on my laptop and then looking them up on google translate or babel fish. Am I the only one who does that?
You just gave me an idea! :D
Well, the way I imagine it, Eli and Oskar are happy forever being vampires, working seasonally at a blood-bank with poor book-keeping skills.

Luftwaffles

Post by Luftwaffles » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:13 pm

kingam00 wrote:..... died ((
I always look here http://yourdeathdate.info/1/index.html
Death when it comes will have no denial.
That is absolutely the most profound bit of insight I've ever read. I just pooped myself with glee. ::sarcasm::
Last edited by Luftwaffles on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

SPiN

Post by SPiN » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:20 pm

Luftwaffles wrote:
That is absolutely the most profound bit of insight I've ever read. I just pooped myself with glee.

dude, when are you gonna die?
i originally thought it was spam, until i saw your post.
then i tried it. and stopped on question #3
it asked for my height...using the metric system.
so i stopped. metric system?

Team Abby.
im worried that we may have gotten our lunchables mixed up

Luftwaffles

Post by Luftwaffles » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:25 am

SPiN wrote:
Luftwaffles wrote:
That is absolutely the most profound bit of insight I've ever read. I just pooped myself with glee.

dude, when are you gonna die?
i originally thought it was spam, until i saw your post.
then i tried it. and stopped on question #3
it asked for my height...using the metric system.
so i stopped. metric system?

Team Abby.
Oh that is tasty, cold, clammy spam, right there lol.

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:16 am

SPiN wrote:metric system?
To help you a bit: Almost the entire LTROI is filmed with camera height 1.25 m - Oskar's eye level :) (Well not the pool scene, but they maintained filming in Oskar's eye level :mrgreen: )
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

SPiN

Post by SPiN » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:47 pm

drakkar wrote:
SPiN wrote:metric system?
To help you a bit: Almost the entire LTROI is filmed with camera height 1.25 m - Oskar's eye level :) (Well not the pool scene, but they maintained filming in Oskar's eye level :mrgreen: )
wow...what a nugget. how do you find these things out?

its PAINFULLY obvious that Reeve's movie was "amazing"
the details that people here describe, not to mention movie critics pointing things out...so many layers and nuggets.
how did i miss all this? how can i get into my favorite movie and be expected to see all this?
when i rewatch the Dark Knight, are there clues im missin?? are there clues in Braveheart? now i have to rewatch everything.
and the word "mirrors" bothers me...seems like a stretch sometimes. you can craft your language to prove a point. i dunno. i see what movie critics are trying to prove.

im reading this link below right now...and the author is KILLING me. is abby good or bad? stop being so vague, pick a side.
hes making me rethink everything now...and for once, im going to call b.s. on his interpretations.

http://taliesinttlg.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... eview.html

postscript: i had to google what we called our "metric system"
suprised i never heard it called that before.
im worried that we may have gotten our lunchables mixed up

Return to “Let Me In”