Rewatching it now

For discussion of Matt Reeve's Film Let Me In

Moderator: LMI Moderator

DavidZahir

Re: Rewatching it now

Post by DavidZahir » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:00 am

Methinks when we try to definitely call anyone "good" or "bad" or try to work out percentages of same we're kinda missing the whole point. Try applying the same standards to yourself. And don't forget to include every time you lost your temper or said something you shouldn't have, each time you bent a rule or accepted the benefits of clear wrong-doing (like lying to get out of jury duty). Linear reasoning simply doesn't apply very well to moral questions, at least not very often.

Me, I think Abby kinda justified in being rude to the guy who called her "YOU F***** B*****" a couple of nights earlier. :evil:
Last edited by DavidZahir on Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
O let my name be in the Book of Love. If it be there I care not
For that Other great Book above. Strike it out! Or write it in anew--
But let My name be in the Book of Love!
-- Omar Kayam

varamiglite

Re: Rewatching it now

Post by varamiglite » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:20 am

SPiN wrote:
varamiglite wrote:"I have to get in there. Move." Thomas gives a half-smile, not quite understanding why she's yelling at him. "MOVE!" Thomas walks out knowing but not wanting to believe what he and Abby had was old news.
There is a little bit of redemption of her goodness when she goes to see Thomas at the hospital and appears sad for a little bit. I'd like to say she kinda spoils that after she seems to quickly get over his death

that scene was heart wrenching...she definitely acted like a 12 yo in that scene...and the icing on the cake was that Thomas was looking at the photobooth pic of her and him...right?
Yes he was looking at their picture while she was yelling at him. That made the scene all the more difficult to stomach but it helped me to like and understand Thomas a little more. Before this scene I didn't care anything for Thomas, I didn't dislike him but nothing made me like him either until that point.
slog tillbaka. hårt.

Return to “Let Me In”