a7xr0cker182

Re: sequel anyone?

Post by a7xr0cker182 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:17 am

DMt. wrote:In animation.
that wouldn't be the same..

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:09 am

That's absolutely right, and provided it was done well...it would be even more not-the-same. ;)

a7xr0cker182

Post by a7xr0cker182 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:12 am

DMt. wrote:That's absolutely right, and provided it was done well...it would be even more not-the-same. ;)
haha true

DavidZahir

Post by DavidZahir » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:18 am

Anybody taking a gander at recent pics of Chloe Grace Moretz and Kodi Smitt-McPhee can see why they can't play their parts in a sequel. Neither one can pass for twelve anymore. That means--two new actors. Not an impossible task, albeit a difficult one.

Could a sequel happen? Sure. If it were done inexpensively enough. Methinks practically speaking it would have to be done 'on the cheap' but if you spent your money wisely and didn't require special effects per se that seems within the realm of possibility.

Matt Reeves said any sequel would have to be based on Lindqvist's writing, so methinks Let The Old Dreams Die would be the seed from which a new story would be written. Providing of course Matt Reeves had anything to do with it.

But--an animated sequel? Yeah, that could work.

I would rather see a whole new adaptation, myself--Japanese perhaps?
O let my name be in the Book of Love. If it be there I care not
For that Other great Book above. Strike it out! Or write it in anew--
But let My name be in the Book of Love!
-- Omar Kayam

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:30 am

I think that LtROI is the rare film that's so perfect it doesn't need a sequel or another remake. I used to think a Japanese remake would be interesting, but now I feel that the story would be too familiar to the Japanese. From what I understand (not much) of Japanese culture, youth alienation and supernatural romances are a commonly explored storyline, to the point where it would be weird if Oskar DIDN'T fall in love with the cute vampire who ends up solving his bully problem.
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

a7xr0cker182

Post by a7xr0cker182 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:34 am

DavidZahir wrote:Anybody taking a gander at recent pics of Chloe Grace Moretz and Kodi Smitt-McPhee can see why they can't play their parts in a sequel. Neither one can pass for twelve anymore. That means--two new actors. Not an impossible task, albeit a difficult one.

Could a sequel happen? Sure. If it were done inexpensively enough. Methinks practically speaking it would have to be done 'on the cheap' but if you spent your money wisely and didn't require special effects per se that seems within the realm of possibility.

Matt Reeves said any sequel would have to be based on Lindqvist's writing, so methinks Let The Old Dreams Die would be the seed from which a new story would be written. Providing of course Matt Reeves had anything to do with it.

But--an animated sequel? Yeah, that could work.

I would rather see a whole new adaptation, myself--Japanese perhaps?
animated? idk..just seems a bit unoriginal and kodi and chloe aren't THAT old, their voices haven't changed and they seem the same, if you did it with kare and lina from let the right one in, it wouldn't work at all since they've grown, but maybe for let me in...idk

DavidZahir

Post by DavidZahir » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:14 am

Trust me on this one--they don't look twelve anymore. At all. Kodi Smitt-McPhee's face is no longer round and barely pubescent. He looks like a teenager. A tall teenager. Chloe Grace Moretz looks way too curvy and old for twelve.
O let my name be in the Book of Love. If it be there I care not
For that Other great Book above. Strike it out! Or write it in anew--
But let My name be in the Book of Love!
-- Omar Kayam

a7xr0cker182

Post by a7xr0cker182 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:18 am

DavidZahir wrote:Trust me on this one--they don't look twelve anymore. At all. Kodi Smitt-McPhee's face is no longer round and barely pubescent. He looks like a teenager. A tall teenager. Chloe Grace Moretz looks way too curvy and old for twelve.
well i guess your right, maybe a sequel isn't good for it, considering most sequels suck these days..

Return to “Let Me In”