WHY WASN'T LET ME IN NOMINATED AT THE OSCARS?!

For discussion of Matt Reeve's Film Let Me In

Moderator: LMI Moderator

a7xr0cker182

WHY WASN'T LET ME IN NOMINATED AT THE OSCARS?!

Post by a7xr0cker182 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:55 am

ok let me in has to be my favorite movie of all time, along with let the right one in, but why wasn't it nominated at the oscars 2011?! it should have been nominated for like best picture since there were like 10 fucking nominees for it, but nooooooo let me in wasn't nominated for one damn oscar! this makes me kinda angry, since the movie was like the best and oscar worthy, what do you think?

DavidZahir

Re: WHY WASN'T LET ME IN NOMINATED AT THE OSCARS?!

Post by DavidZahir » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:29 am

Well, for one thing it was a horror movie. Don't think a horror movie has even been nominated for an Oscar since Silence of the Lambs. For another it didn't do that well at the box office. Perhaps you don't agree those are valid reasons. I may well agree. But...we don't get a vote.
O let my name be in the Book of Love. If it be there I care not
For that Other great Book above. Strike it out! Or write it in anew--
But let My name be in the Book of Love!
-- Omar Kayam

a7xr0cker182

Post by a7xr0cker182 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:36 pm

DavidZahir wrote:Well, for one thing it was a horror movie. Don't think a horror movie has even been nominated for an Oscar since Silence of the Lambs. For another it didn't do that well at the box office. Perhaps you don't agree those are valid reasons. I may well agree. But...we don't get a vote.
most oscar movies don't do well at the box office, some do, some don't, but this like a really good horror film, even better than silence of the lambs, it should have deserved one nomination at the oscars at least

DavidZahir

Post by DavidZahir » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:42 pm

Uh...hardly any major Oscar winners are not either hits or contain big name stars or are directed by big name directors. That isn't fair, but it is part of the process.
O let my name be in the Book of Love. If it be there I care not
For that Other great Book above. Strike it out! Or write it in anew--
But let My name be in the Book of Love!
-- Omar Kayam

a7xr0cker182

Post by a7xr0cker182 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:25 pm

DavidZahir wrote:Uh...hardly any major Oscar winners are not either hits or contain big name stars or are directed by big name directors. That isn't fair, but it is part of the process.
i guess..

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:18 pm

I'm not even sure I'd want to qualify Lambs as true horror, but can't quite put my finger on what makes me say that. Its sequel, Hannibal, comes a little closer. Many people seem to feel that if it doesn't contain a monster or two, it's not "horror", it's just some kind of suspense/thriller number, and while Hannibal was most certainly a monster, there was nothing overtly not-human about him.

Lambs itself didn't focus on the Bad Guys too much; it was more about an FBI trainee being called prematurely to duty to catch said bad guys serving in - what was it called? - the Behavioural Science Unit? This movie spurred interest in this area and is said to be the inspiration for such TV series as "Profiler" and "Millennium", and I think I remember reading it had been part of the inspiration for the X-Files.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:28 pm

Don't think it deserved any awards, but in addition, the Oscars are known for snubbing horror films. Having Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart present the horror montage shows how little respect they have for the genre.
No banaaaanas?

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:56 pm

I think LMI should at least get one Oscar nomination for Best Cinematography.

a7xr0cker182

Post by a7xr0cker182 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:12 pm

Tom wrote:I think LMI should at least get one Oscar nomination for Best Cinematography.
yeah dude at least ONE oscar nomination, but nooooooo they just had to sunb it cause they thought it was just another crappy horror film, oscar bastards >.< lol

Return to “Let Me In”