Playing The Remake Game

For discussion of Matt Reeve's Film Let Me In

Moderator: LMI Moderator

JakobM

Re: Playing The Remake Game

Post by JakobM » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:27 pm

ofelia wrote:Has anyone seen the film series of the Henning Mankell Wallander books? the Swedish series. In one episode the boy who plays Stefan as a child looks a lot like how I would picture Eli.
I don't live in Sweden and have not been able to find out who that is. maybe someone else would know...
His name is Hampus Edfeldt. I found a couple of pictures from the Wallander episode here:

http://www.kino.de/star/hampus-edfeldt/ ... 73770.html

/J

ofelia

Post by ofelia » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:01 am

thanks! I remember in the episode Stefan was looking at a photograph of himself as a child. I don't know whether that was this actor or if that was an actual old photograph of the adult actor, but it reminded me of Eli.

DavidZahir

Post by DavidZahir » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Just saw Super 8 (has all the flaws and merits of a Steven Spielberg movie for children). First time I've seen Elle Fanning (Dakota's younger sister). She was great and might have made a fine Abby--except she's really tall.
O let my name be in the Book of Love. If it be there I care not
For that Other great Book above. Strike it out! Or write it in anew--
But let My name be in the Book of Love!
-- Omar Kayam

ofelia

Post by ofelia » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:44 am

I just saw it too. The characters Joe and Alice sort of reminded me of Oskar and Eli (actually, not really, I just tried to project that onto this film because it was very slightly similar). But I was thinking he would make a good Eli, if they had cast a boy. I thought both of them were great.

Return to “Let Me In”