LA Times Interview with Matt Reeves

For discussion of Matt Reeve's Film Let Me In

Moderator: LMI Moderator

Wolfchild

LA Times Interview with Matt Reeves

Post by Wolfchild » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:27 am

Matt Reeves did a little interview with the LA Times that was published on 06/21/09. In it he had this to say:
Matt Reeves wrote:"There's definitely people who have a real bull's-eye on the film," Reeves said, "and I can understand because of people's' love of the [original] film that there's this cynicism that I'll come in and trash it, when in fact I have nothing but respect for the film. I'm so drawn to it for personal and not mercenary reasons, my feeling about it is if I didn't feel a personal connection and feel it could be its own film, I wouldn't be doing it. I hope people give us a chance."
At least he is saying many of the right things:
Reeves is also working with casting director Avy Kaufman -- who previously found kids for "The Sixth Sense" and "The Ice Storm" -- to find the two leads, which Reeves vows will not be aged-up to make the film more of a smoldering "Twilight"-style romance.
It is hard to imagine that anyone could recreate the chemistry of Kare and Lina, and without that it is hard to believe that Let Me In will be anywhere near as powerful as Tomas Alfredson's film. However, no one can deny there is at least hope for Let Me In, and if it can add the beauty to my life that Let the Right One In has, how could that be a bad thing?

PS: Props to IMDB user jun2k for finding this interview.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

genie47

Re: LA Times Interview with Matt Reeves

Post by genie47 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:36 am

At least he is serious about this.

Just that I am fearful of how it will come out. Then again, this Matt Reeves version might spur interest in the original Alfredson version. Of course the real winner here will be JAL. More books sold. :D
Låt den rätte komma in in both its printed and celluloid form is a slow acting poison. You will be poisoned white. White from arsenic and innocence.

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage. - Lao Tzu

Return to “Let Me In”