Stephen King named "Let Me In" best film of the year

For discussion of Matt Reeve's Film Let Me In

Moderator: LMI Moderator

EEA

Re: Stephen King named "Let Me In" best film of the year

Post by EEA » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:02 am

Well I was yesterday at the library and saw some of Steven King's novels. I was going to check out one of his novels but I have not read any of them just seem some of the movies that are base on them.

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:27 am

Imnotazombie wrote:The thing I wanna a know is why he's never spoke about Let the Right One In, or it's book.
He's given no indication that he's ever seen it. He puts very few foreign films on his best of the year lists, and his one for 2008 had Lakeview Terrace and Death Race instead of LTROI.

I wonder if he would have gushed so much about LMI if he had. :think:
No banaaaanas?

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:00 am

CyberGhostface wrote:
Imnotazombie wrote:The thing I wanna a know is why he's never spoke about Let the Right One In, or it's book.
He's given no indication that he's ever seen it. He puts very few foreign films on his best of the year lists, and his one for 2008 had Lakeview Terrace and Death Race instead of LTROI.

I wonder if he would have gushed so much about LMI if he had. :think:
It's actually hard to say. Most of us Infected are struck by the love story, and while love in all sorts of different forms is very important to King, he still seems to be driven chiefly by things that scare him - and us.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

Imnotazombie

Post by Imnotazombie » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:32 pm

Either way he was pry aware of the original, as instead of saying best horror film of the last 20 years he said best "american" horror film, and I assume he pry just said that so he wouldn't get a ton of hate for sounding like he preferred the remake. But to each his own, LMI I'd still consider really good, I used to even like it more than LTROI, but it's weird how that's changed recently.

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:17 pm

Imnotazombie wrote:Either way he was pry aware of the original, as instead of saying best horror film of the last 20 years he said best "american" horror film, and I assume he pry just said that so he wouldn't get a ton of hate for sounding like he preferred the remake. But to each his own, LMI I'd still consider really good, I used to even like it more than LTROI, but it's weird how that's changed recently.
If that list is specifically of American films for 2010, then he'd have disregarded LTROI anyway.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

SunButterfly

Post by SunButterfly » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:18 pm

YAY! I'm so glad people are giving this film more recognition.
"Be me, for a while." ~Eli
She will keep you safe, she will keep you close, she will keep you forever. ~Let Me In

Return to “Let Me In”