The Arbiter on iTunes (not available to US)

Links to interviews, trailers and other media
CyberGhostface

The Arbiter on iTunes (not available to US)

Post by CyberGhostface » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:50 pm

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/movie/the-a ... 1051875366

Unfortunately it's not available to US users and is only available for Ireland at the moment...

Anyone know of a US release?
No banaaaanas?

PeteMork

Re: The Arbiter on iTunes (not available to US)

Post by PeteMork » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:41 am

CyberGhostface wrote:https://itunes.apple.com/ie/movie/the-a ... 1051875366

Unfortunately it's not available to US users and is only available for Ireland at the moment...

Anyone know of a US release?
When I tried, it looked like it might be possible if I opened an account in Ireland's ITunes. Has anyone tried this?
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:28 pm

I have just bought it with my UK iTunes account. It has downloaded and I watched the first couple of minutes to make sure it works.

It works.

There was nothing saying that it was only available in certain countries.

The most annoying thing is that it doesn't mention Lina's name anywhere on the iTunes cast listing yet I understand that she plays a fairly important character :think:

I'll watch it when I'm in the right mood for it.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:01 pm

This is what I got.

I changed it to see if it worked and it did but changed it back as I'm not sure if there are a number of limits to changing countries on iTunes unless I'm mistaking it for something else.
No banaaaanas?

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:47 am

Maybe all of Europe has access to the Ireland iTunes? Ireland is part of Europe, after all.

I don't think there is a limit to how many times you can change your registered country in iTunes Store (and all apple devices linked to your account automatically) but you can't buy anything unless you have a billing address (and associated bank account) in the new country you have selected. According to iTunes.

Are you thinking of the limit for changing region codes for DVD and BluRay drives?

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:53 pm

After a small bit of research:
Camelot itself wrote:What you need know before you change your country or region

When you change your iTunes Store country:
  • Update your billing address to one in your new country. When you change your billing address, the primary address for your Apple ID and your other Apple services, such as the App Store and iCloud, automatically updates.
  • You might need to update your payment method. For example, only German credit cards can be used to buy content from the German iTunes Store and App Store.
  • You won't see the items that you purchased from the previous country’s store in your Purchased section.
  • You won’t see the items from your iCloud Music Library that you matched, uploaded, or added from the previous country’s store.
When you make a purchase in the iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, or Mac App Store, the country in your iTunes Store account information must match the country listed on your Apple ID account page.

Find out what to do if you can't change your country or region.
My advice would be to start a separate iTunes account with Ireland. I will try this as soon as I have time to set up a separate login (just in case ;) ).
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Return to “Media”