News from John

Links to interviews, trailers and other media
metoo

News from John

Post by metoo » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:00 am

John Ajvide Lindqvist has posted a new text to his blog.

He reveals that the Swedish TV show Babel has asked him (and nine other writers) to create the lyrics to a new melody written by Benny Andersson. Being a great fan of ABBA and Benny Andersson, John accepted without hesitation.

The songs will be recorded, sung by Helen Sjöholm. Then some selection procedure will be applied to choose one of the songs, which will be presented in a sending of Babel this spring.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

a_contemplative_life

Re: News from John

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:44 pm

It's cool that JAL has so many creative outlets!

metoo

News from John - a new play

Post by metoo » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:23 am

John has posted a new article, where he reveals that a new play by him will have its premiere on the fourth of April at Teater Uno in Gothenburg. The play is called Storstugan – En pyromans berättelse (Storstugan – An pyromaniac's tale), and is a monologue specially written for Pale Olofsson, the actor who played Larry in LTROI.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

metoo

Re: News from John - LTROI in London

Post by metoo » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:17 pm

John posted an article today in his blog, where he tells about his recent visit to London and to the Apollo theatre there, to watch Let the Right One In. He says the play was fantastic, and recommends us to go see it if we get the chance...

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:36 pm

I like the last little bit of his post (or at least the way that Google translates it):
If you have the chance, watch it! The only thing I've seen of private theater in London's Phantom of the Opera and this is much better. I think. I'm admittedly biased, but I'm right anyway.
:lol:
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

metoo

Post by metoo » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:15 pm

Google translate could be trusted in this case. ;)

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:12 pm

This image makes me want to see it even more.

I just need it to be at a venue closer to where I live for it to be financially feasible.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

JToede

Post by JToede » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:21 pm

Jameron wrote:This image makes me want to see it even more.

I just need it to be at a venue closer to where I live for it to be financially feasible.

Agreed.
Reading John's review makes me want to see it, all I have to do is: get plane tickets, fly over there, find a hotel and then go to the theater. Too Easy! (it's simple, just not affordable or possible)
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

metoo

Post by metoo » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:02 pm

New postings from John at his website:

Release party
At November 16, a release party for new novel Himmelstrand will be held at Södra Teatern in Stockholm. Tickets are available here.

Next novel
The working name of the next novel is Rörelsen (The Movement). The plan is to have it ready for release in fall 2015. John is currently on page 50.

New blog entry
John has also posted a blog entry about a man who had a pivotal role for LtROI: Jan-Erik Pettersson, who was the manager of publishing company Ordfront when John approached them in his last attempt to get the novel published. Luckily Jan-Erik Pettersson accepted to publish the novel.

metoo

Post by metoo » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:46 pm

Video from the Himmelstrand release party, featuring John (and Mia) singing a couple of songs by Peter Himmelstrand:

Return to “Media”