My Let the right one in movie review

Post by intrige » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:47 am

Hope you like it!
Do not look at my eyebrows dancing! HA! :lol:
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Opeth

Re: My Let the right one in movie review

Post by Opeth » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:38 am

A strong summary of your thoughts and the essence of Let the Right One In, well done! It's nice to see a video review from an infected, with Oskar's bathroom scene where I think you added in "Death of Håkan", gah... :( It would have been cool if you had gone more in to your take on the themes, but mm anyway it was a flowing review. 'Trige's hypnotic dancing eyebrows, cute. :lol:

intrige

Post by intrige » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:16 am

My eyebrows sure like to dance yeh! :roll: :oops:
Thanks!! I might go into detail in other videoes, but I wanted to do a straight forward review.. I was alsy dying to pronounce the names correctly!!

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:45 pm

Wow! I really like how you analyze the movie. You analyze it as a film critic or movie maker and not as a mere enthusiast. You make a lot of good points. Using the images of the various actors, actresses and the producers is a good way to add variety -visually- to your review and it creates a stronger connection for the viewer. Yes, most of the actors and producers get too little attention for their efforts.

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:54 pm

Not so much a review, as you are making a case for why this is a great movie.

Good work! You will infect some people with this. :)

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

intrige

Post by intrige » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:42 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote: Yes, most of the actors and producers get too little attention for their efforts.
Yes! People need to get that Lina couldn't have carried the movie on her own. And thank you :)
gattoparde59 wrote:Not so much a review, as you are making a case for why this is a great movie.
Good work! You will infect some people with this. :)
Well thank you! I sure hope so!

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:13 pm

intrige wrote:Hope you like it!
Do not look at my eyebrows dancing! HA! :lol:
Why do you point that out? It just means that you were being expressive, your expression was following your thoughts. I wouldn't have noticed them if you hadn't directed me to look at them. In fact, I would have gotten on the case of anyone else who mentioned them - if you hadn't done it first. 8-)

You should post this video in the Scene With Love thread:
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:42 pm

Definitely meant for Scene With Love thread.
Trige...your exuberance is positively infectious! 8-) :)
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

EEA

Post by EEA » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:01 pm

Nice movie review. It makes me want to see the movie again. And you are right the movie was made possible with everyone that was involved.

Ingenting-ing

Post by Ingenting-ing » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:56 pm

Don't normally check the "media" section much, but I'm glad I finally got around to it. Great review, trige! :) Agree with Opeth that it's good to see someone who's really infected review the film. OTOH, your review isn't just "Oh I love this...Oh I love this too". You held your infection back and made some good observations. Must have been tough, but you managed... 8-) Also like that you emphasized the actors other than just Lina. Your observation about silence, in the score and particularly in the sparse dialogue, was right on. Yeah, leaving that space was really important to creating the very special atmosphere of LTROI.

Your experience with video editing shows in this review. The pacing is good, I like that you mostly show scenes from the movie but also some clips of yourself talking. And when you talk about JAL or HVH it helps a lot that you put in an image. Well done, as expected. Oh, and there's a running joke about your eyebrows, which is good for a laugh. But I really like your expressive presence, how animated you are when you talk. Like the actors you describe, you're good on film (or video...). You can be proud of this review and I sure hope to see more. Once again, Brava! :D

EDIT: OMG Yes! You should post that other video where it belongs! ;)
Är du här igen?

Return to “Media”