mackousko

Re: Lina and cast member of Ömheten

Post by mackousko » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:16 pm

Oh my GOD! :roll:

moonvibe34

Post by moonvibe34 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:51 pm

Grrrr... :x
Precious cargo should NOT be handled so carelessly.
"But dreams come through stone walls, light up dark rooms, or darken light ones, and their persons make their exits and their entrances as they please, and laugh at locksmiths."
Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:09 pm

As punishment, this guy should be forced to go back and watch this in about 10 years, especially at the end when he says "whatssuup!" :lol:

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

gary13136

Post by gary13136 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:14 am

I thought I might chime in on this one, but then no. I plead "lack of concrete information". :D
One example of democracy in action is 5 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.--Anonymous

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:44 am

I think people are over reacting a little here. The guy is driving in a straight line for the most part, and when he has his foot on the steering wheel he can't be going any more than 30mph in a straight line. I think people need to step back a little. I know it is all out of concern for Lina but we have to remember a few things; we don't own Lina, she is not our daughter/sister/cousin, she has to be allowed to be herself, it wasn't that dangerous at all. I don't want to see Lina get hurt either, but I also don't want to keep her in a cage where she can't grow as a person.

My 2 öre.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

mackousko

Post by mackousko » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:02 am

Jameron wrote:I think people are over reacting a little here. The guy is driving in a straight line for the most part, and when he has his foot on the steering wheel he can't be going any more than 30mph in a straight line. I think people need to step back a little. I know it is all out of concern for Lina but we have to remember a few things; we don't own Lina, she is not our daughter/sister/cousin, she has to be allowed to be herself, it wasn't that dangerous at all. I don't want to see Lina get hurt either, but I also don't want to keep her in a cage where she can't grow as a person.

My 2 öre.

It´s nice you did not make the same mistake and only 3 quarters of your post is dedicated to Lina. 8-)

I´ve watched the video one more time. And now as i´m calmed down . I can say. The boy behind the wheel is a jerk .

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:48 pm

Jameron wrote:I think people are over reacting a little here. The guy is driving in a straight line for the most part, and when he has his foot on the steering wheel he can't be going any more than 30mph in a straight line. I think people need to step back a little. I know it is all out of concern for Lina but we have to remember a few things; we don't own Lina, she is not our daughter/sister/cousin, she has to be allowed to be herself, it wasn't that dangerous at all. I don't want to see Lina get hurt either, but I also don't want to keep her in a cage where she can't grow as a person.

My 2 öre.

True enough. We don't own her, and I'm all for 'allowing' her to be herself. It looked like great fun and I was happy for her -- at first. However, I disagree with your estimate of the speed they were going. When the camera swung around to the front of the car, while he was still driving with his foot, they were moving much faster than 30 IMO. But even at 30, a vehicle can roll over, and since they weren't wearing seat belts, any or all of them could have been seriously injured or killed. The bottom line is, if the police had seen this at the time, I have no doubt that he would have been given a ticket at the least. And for a very good reason. Being herself doesn't include allowing her or anyone in the car to put their lives in danger needlessly. Statistics on teenaged traffic fatalities speak for themselves.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

metoo

Post by metoo » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:52 pm

Jameron wrote:My 2 öre.
Hard to find those coins today, though...
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:45 pm

metoo wrote:
Jameron wrote:My 2 öre.
Hard to find those coins today, though...
And if you found them, what could you buy for 2 öre? Lol.

0.02 SEK = 0.00181777 GBP = 0.00283059 USD

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

metoo

Post by metoo » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Jameron wrote:And if you found them, what could you buy for 2 öre? Lol.
Nothing, actually, they are not valid money anymore. But I do have a few of them left since when they where, some forty years ago.

Here's a picture of coins that were valid when I was a kid:

But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

Return to “Media”