New film features Lina Leandersson.

Links to interviews, trailers and other media
cherished memories

Re: New film features Lina Leandersson.

Post by cherished memories » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:42 pm

Cuchullain wrote: Yes on the minus side it is quite disturbing but on the plus side it gives a lot of back story. The film itself is careful not to go to far but as you know it is easier to write these things than it is to put them in films. When you run out of FF you will be running to the book shop. :lol:
A lot of my questions on the back story seem to be included in a lot of the fan fiction on the site, so its not essential but im going to get it sooner or later anyway just out of curiousity, :) I guess it will give a lot more depth to the film aswell since it will (I'm guessing) tell you whats going through the character's minds during the scenes which you don't get in films. And when i get it i believe i will tell my mother it was awfull and to not bother reading it, to avoid any difficult questions on some of the content. :lol:
To escape criticism - do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.

Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best.

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:10 pm

Or you could even tell her that the paedo thing is dealt with in a straightforward and courageous way, neither glamourised nor prurient, and that the main story is about the mutual acceptance and love of two very lonely kids.

cherished memories

Post by cherished memories » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:15 pm

DMt. wrote:Or you could even tell her that the paedo thing is dealt with in a straightforward and courageous way, neither glamourised nor prurient, and that the main story is about the mutual acceptance and love of two very lonely kids.
I would rather not get into the discussion with her at all if possible :lol:
On one hand she may see the beauty in the story, but on the other hand she may not be able to see past the content if its too graphic, but i haven't read the book yet so i don't know how bad the scenes are.

Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best.

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:21 pm

cherished memories wrote:I've been meaning to but i hear its quite abit darker than the film, and abit more perverted and graphic. I don't want it to ruin the feel of the movie for me, i mean i know the dark undertones of the film and understand what is implied but the film doesn't over do it on the whole pedophile and castration thing, it's there, you know about it, but it doesn't go into all the gritty details of the matter. But i think im going to read it sooner or later non the less :)
To me it made me like the film a bit better. I had a bit of a hard time with Eli being a boy but reading it in the book made appreciate it more.

The book is more disturbing, but I don't think it will ruin the film for you.
On one hand she may see the beauty in the story, but on the other hand she may not be able to see past the content if its too graphic, but i haven't read the book yet so i don't know how bad the scenes are.
To be honest, there's some pretty graphic descriptions including (mild spoiler from early in the book) flashbacks with Hakan and child prostitutes so I wouldn't recommend she read it if you think she would get upset. It doesn't shy away from anything.
No banaaaanas?

cherished memories

Post by cherished memories » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:26 pm

CyberGhostface wrote: To me it made me like the film a bit better. I had a bit of a hard time with Eli being a boy but reading it in the book made appreciate it more.

The book is more disturbing, but I don't think it will ruin the film for you.
To be honest, there's some pretty graphic descriptions including (mild spoiler from early in the book) flashbacks with Hakan and child prostitutes so I wouldn't recommend she read it if you think she would get upset. It doesn't shy away from anything.
yeah, im definatley going to get the book when i have some money :)

I don't think she would get upset, and she wouldnt be ignorant to the whole meaning and beauty in the story but depending on how graphic the scenes are and how vividly they are described, it may be a case of her reaching that then putting the book down and not reading anymore :lol:

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:31 pm

cherished memories wrote:I would rather not get into the discussion with her at all if possible :lol:
I guess not, come to think of it :)

I almost literally ran for the book after seeing the film for the second time. It was like the ultimate advert.

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:22 am

cherished memories wrote:
Cuchullain wrote:Stick with the Fan Fiction. I have been engrossed in it ever since I watched LTROI a few weeks back. :D

Have you read the LTROI in book yet?
No i haven't had the chance yet, i would need to buy the book and money is something i don't have a lot of currently.

I've been meaning to but i hear its quite abit darker than the film, and abit more perverted and graphic. I don't want it to ruin the feel of the movie for me, i mean i know the dark undertones of the film and understand what is implied but the film doesn't over do it on the whole pedophile and castration thing, it's there, you know about it, but it doesn't go into all the gritty details of the matter. But i think im going to read it sooner or later non the less :)
I was determined to not read the novel. I didn't want to risk anything that might possibly take Oskar and Eli (from the film) away from me, and I was worried that the novel might change my image of them somehow. Then about a half year after I got Infected, I saw a quote from John himself saying that now when he thinks of Oskar and Eli, in his mind he pictures Kåre and Lina. Then I knew it would be safe to read the novel. After all, in a way Kåre and Lina even manged to Infect JohnAjvide. :lol:
CyberGhostface wrote:To be honest, there's some pretty graphic descriptions including (mild spoiler from early in the book) flashbacks with Hakan and child prostitutes so I wouldn't recommend she read it if you think she would get upset. It doesn't shy away from anything.
The novel hooked my interest pretty quickly, but when I got to the part where Håkan visits the library, I almost put it down. That part comes rather early in the novel, and I could well imagine that does cause some people to abandon the novel at that point. That, of course, would be a mistake. You should have your mom watch the film first. Then if she is going to read the novel, she will have an idea of the treasures that await if she can get past the tough sledding at the beginning.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

TheKinginBlack

Post by TheKinginBlack » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:21 am

Ear studs...Really?

Since, I don't know Swedish. Was this about the use of contraception or if 15 is a little young to be engaging in these "afterschool activities"
There are only two tragedies in life:
one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
-Oscar Wilde

cherished memories

Post by cherished memories » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:05 pm

Wolfchild wrote: I was determined to not read the novel. I didn't want to risk anything that might possibly take Oskar and Eli (from the film) away from me, and I was worried that the novel might change my image of them somehow. Then about a half year after I got Infected, I saw a quote from John himself saying that now when he thinks of Oskar and Eli, in his mind he pictures Kåre and Lina. Then I knew it would be safe to read the novel. After all, in a way Kåre and Lina even manged to Infect JohnAjvide. :lol:

The novel hooked my interest pretty quickly, but when I got to the part where Håkan visits the library, I almost put it down. That part comes rather early in the novel, and I could well imagine that does cause some people to abandon the novel at that point. That, of course, would be a mistake. You should have your mom watch the film first. Then if she is going to read the novel, she will have an idea of the treasures that await if she can get past the tough sledding at the beginning.
That's the reason I'm sort of avoiding the book! the image of Oskar and Eli are so perfect (in my opinion) in the film, i was worried the darker and more graphic book may take some of that away. But everyone here seems to hold the book in high regard despite the graphic content so i think im guna go ahead and take the risk :D

I've suggested the film to my mam but whether she will even watch it is up to her :lol:

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:09 pm

The only behind the scenes photo of LL from "15" Facebook page.
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

Return to “Media”