John Ajvide Lindqvist Interviews

Links to interviews, trailers and other media
Wolfchild

John Ajvide Lindqvist Interviews

Post by Wolfchild » Sat May 30, 2009 11:26 pm

Someone called The Northlander interviews JAL for Ain't It Cool News, posted 10/23/08.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Wolfchild

John Ajvide Lindqvist Interviewed by Little White Lies

Post by Wolfchild » Sun May 31, 2009 12:02 am

Little White Lies did a really excellent interview with JAL. (Undated)
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Wolfchild

Video Interview With John Ajvide Lindqvist by SVT

Post by Wolfchild » Sun May 31, 2009 12:34 am

JAl interviewed on an SVT show called Bable. All in Swedish - no subs. If someone can provide a good transcript, I will try to make a subtitled version.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Wolfchild

Re: John Ajvide Lindqvist Interviews

Post by Wolfchild » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:32 pm

I came across this cool interview with JAL at a site called constructinghorror.com. I don't know when the interview was first published but it apparently took place in September of 2009.

I really liked this quote from JAL:
you have the guy with the shirtless t-shirt, and all these zombies that have picked up a load of stuff in the garden to kill their victims in all kinds of imaginative ways, and this guy is the hero. He’s the one that is going to save us all, and I don’t like him. I don’t believe in him, he’s a bad actor and had a supporting role in say Beverly Hills, and how he has his first shot at being a star, and he sucks. I just want the monster to come and kill him so that the nerdy kid who at least has had one interesting line of dialogue can get a shot in at the monster with the spade…
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Wolfchild

Re: John Ajvide Lindqvist Interviews

Post by Wolfchild » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:53 pm

I came across this March 12, 2010 interview with JAL that appeared in French at www.lepoint.fr. In it JAL reveals at least some of his influences (anti-influences) for LDRKI:
This is a "first novel" par excellence, in the sense that I tell a good part of my own childhood. Oskar lives in the apartment where I grew up in Blackeberg. I did not know initially that he would develop a friendship with a vampire, but once that was done, I saw all the vampire movies and especially read Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu. I wanted to escape completely from the model forged by Anne Rice, including taking a vampire stuck in a child's body and imagine his life. This is a child sentenced to death for drinking blood, like a terrible disease, a child alone and terribly unhappy. [via Google translator]
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Return to “Media”