The original Magnolia DVD release -- extra item(s)?

Links to interviews, trailers and other media
Ken

The original Magnolia DVD release -- extra item(s)?

Post by Ken » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:31 pm

Has anyone noticed that the older releases of the DVD have one of those reflective things that change as you change the angle of it on the cover of the DVD, and the newer ones, with the correct subtitles, do not?

Target and Best Buy around here still have some of the original release with that reflective thing included on the cover, but none of the newer ones do.. at least on the outside. Anyone know if it comes with it inside?

TΛPETRVE

Re: The original Magnolia DVD release -- extra item(s)?

Post by TΛPETRVE » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:08 pm

Similar here in Germany. The first issue of DVDs came with a cardboard sleeve, while the new ones are Amaray only. Thanks Lucifer we don't have the subtitle problem, though the translation could still be better at places.
Att fly är livet, att dröja döden.

Do not ask why; ask why not.

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:28 pm

I actually own both versions of the Magnolia DVD. The one with the lenticular hologram insert did not have the theatrical subs, while the one with the theatrical subs did not have the hologram insert either on the inside or the outside. Everyone that I seen talk about finding the DVD with the theatrical subs says that it did not have the hologram insert, but I'm not sure this is a fool-proof way of the finding the theatrical sub. What Magnolia said was that the way to tell was to look for the "(Theatrical)" legend on the DVD box insert.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Ken

Post by Ken » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:02 pm

Yeah, what I've seen it's only the original that come with the insert. What's on the other side of that insert anyway? Anything?

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:52 pm

it bears a remarkable resemblance to this:

:D
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

N.R. Gasan

Post by N.R. Gasan » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:42 am

Like Wolf, I have both versions of the DVD. There was nothing inside the case of the "Magnolia" subtitles DVD that's any different from the "theatrical" subtitles DVD. The plastic, holographic card is the only "extra" that I got with the original/Magnolia release; it was meant to be a reward for those first to own LTROI. There's nothing on the other side of the card itself, by the way; it's just a flat black surface.

divinityadieu

Post by divinityadieu » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:13 am

I have the original, and I don't have that holographic card.
I didn't notice that on the other two copies they had at Target when I went to buy it as well.
A picture of it would be helpful if someone has it.

Return to “Media”