Tomas Alfredson Interviews

Links to interviews, trailers and other media
Wolfchild

Tomas Alfredson Interviewed by RTE 04/08/09

Post by Wolfchild » Sun May 31, 2009 12:46 am

Tomas Alfredson is interviewed by RTE on 04/08/09. In it Alfredson gives one of the clearest synopses of the the film's message that I have ever seen him give:
The film suggests that love is possible and everybody has a choice and the one character that does not have a choice is the vampire [Eli] because she has to kill to survive. I would say that the brighter side of this dark story is that yes you can choose love, just turn your head, it's possible. Even in the darkest times you can still choose love.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Wolfchild

Re: Tomas Alfredson Interviews

Post by Wolfchild » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:31 am

Tomas Alfredson is quoted in this rather strange article at the Guardian's web site, published Sept. 3, 2009:
"For some reason the 1980s suited the story perfectly," says Let the Right One In's director, Tomas Alfredson. "Perhaps that's because the recent past is in many ways the most mysterious time of all. We haven't had the chance to properly lay it to rest. Also, I seem to recall that there were a lot of Goths in the 80s. If you believe in Goths, it's not hard to believe in vampires as well."
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Return to “Media”