Confirmed: New limited edition of Let the Right One In

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
CyberGhostface

Re: Confirmed: New limited edition of Let the Right One In

Post by CyberGhostface » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:23 pm

danielmann861 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:52 am
Always wanted a Hardcover Edition and now I have one to sit next to the rest of his books (that I also have in hardcover format)
It's annoying that there hasn't been a new trade hardcover release yet. IDK why the publishers (both US and UK) are just sitting on it.
No banaaaanas?

danielmann861

Post by danielmann861 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:23 am

CyberGhostface wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:23 pm
danielmann861 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:52 am
Always wanted a Hardcover Edition and now I have one to sit next to the rest of his books (that I also have in hardcover format)
It's annoying that there hasn't been a new trade hardcover release yet. IDK why the publishers (both US and UK) are just sitting on it.
Yeah, it is strange no one has done an English Hardcover reprint...but then again, I guess it maybe isn't popular enough to warrant it and it's just cheaper to keep doing paperback variants? I mean I imagine reprinting a hardbook version of any book would come down to simple popularity for most publishers and whether the title is big enough to do it. It's a lesson learned; grab the first run hardbook editions of his books while available and don't delay...and I've been doing that ever since. Same with the Australian Text Publishing first edition paperback variants. You can say I have a bit of OCD, but I like the way they look on the shelf next to each other ;)

It may have cost near $200 AUD including shipping to Australia, but I think this was worth it. This is a pretty nice edition to have in the collection. I wouldn't do it for any other book bar this one.

Maybe I missed this in my hiatus away from this place, but has anyone ever asked John what he thought of the American name change for the novel from LTROI to Let Me In? Considering in this new introduction he talks about a potential full fledged LTROI sequel using the lyrics "Until My Mouth Dries" as a potential title (surprised it wasn't Let the Wrong Ones Go actually to fit in with the other two titles), it got me thinking...what did JAL think when the US publishers suggested the name be changed from LTROI to Let Me In? Did it bother him? Did it even come up?

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:04 pm

He’s mentioned it once or twice. The publishers wanted to change it to “Let Her In” which prompted him to wonder if they actually read the book. He suggested “Let Me In” instead.
No banaaaanas?

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:18 pm

Some remarques Bud Cook is doing. I like the winged Eli.

He has more info here.
No banaaaanas?

intrige

Post by intrige » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:42 pm

Very Nice!!
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:49 am

This is a remarque the artist did for someone's copy.

No banaaaanas?

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:58 pm

Some new art from Bud Cook. Again, this is not from my book (although I might get one of my own later) but I figured some of you might like it.

No banaaaanas?

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:00 pm

Another remarque from the artist.

No banaaaanas?

Siggdalos

Post by Siggdalos » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:10 pm

I really like how unsettling and monstrous those claws look. Pretty interesting image composition overall, too.
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:40 pm

Here's another Eli remarque someone got for their book, figured some of you might like it.

EDIT: I'm going to post the remarques in the fan art section just to keep things from getting clogged up.
No banaaaanas?

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”