When was Eli born?

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
SpartanAltego

Re: When was Eli born?

Post by SpartanAltego » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:56 am

metoo wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:26 pm
Yes, well, there is always a significant element of interpretation, so we cannot help creating our own images of fiction characters. Eli is no exception. That said, I cannot deny that I sometimes find Eli talked about here in terms that make him (her!) too cute and harmless. I personally don’t think Eli (as presented in the novel) is cute. Beautiful, yes, pretty too, but not cute - and certainly not harmless!
Cute the way a cub is cute, before it grows up into a lion that can easily chew your face off. Eli is capable of making that transformation at the drop of a hat.
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

metoo

Re: When was Eli born?

Post by metoo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:50 am

SpartanAltego wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:56 am
Cute the way a cub is cute, before it grows up into a lion that can easily chew your face off. Eli is capable of making that transformation at the drop of a hat.
Apart from the fact that Eli doesn't grow up... ;)
(He still is capable of ripping your head off, though.)

However, about cuteness - perhaps Eli does look cute at times, when he chooses to, so I probably didn't express my thoughts well enough.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”