Who is the women in What Took You So Long?

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
OskarTheArsonist

Who is the women in What Took You So Long?

Post by OskarTheArsonist » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:19 pm

Do you guys think the Women is a vampire hunter? is She human or a vampire? if she is a vampire dose she have the stake's to defend herself from her kind, dose she have a vendetta against vampires, or do you think its more mercy killing in her eyes? do you think she is alone or do you think she could be part of an order of vampire hunters? I think she is acting by herself since she seemed poor but that could just be a cover to lure vampires to attack her. The main question though and what would you think would happen if Eli and Oskar meet out little hunter because something tells me they wont go down as willingly as the other guy.
Last edited by OskarTheArsonist on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

OskarTheArsonist

Re: Who is the women in What Took You So Long?

Post by OskarTheArsonist » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:21 pm

OskarTheArsonist wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:19 pm
Do you guys think the Women is a vampire hunter? is She human or a vampire? if she is a vampire dose she have the stake's to defend herself from her kind, dose she have a vendetta against vampires, or do you think its more mercy killing in her eyes? do you think she is alone or do you think she could be part of an order of vampire hunters? I think she is acting by herself since she seemed poor but that could just be a cover to lure vampires to attack her. The main question though and what would you think would happen if Eli and Oskar meet out little hunter because something tells me they wont go down as willingly as the other guy.
also would you guys want a sequel where this Hunter or someone like her meet Eli and Oskar?
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

metoo

Post by metoo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:01 am

OskarTheArsonist wrote:
The woman is indeed a vampire hunter. She used to have a normal life, with family, house and kids, but one day she got this calling, and after having struggled with it for several years she finally left her family and went out on the roads. Note that the woman got her calling exactly at the same time as the truck driver got infected. Apparently, in the universe of this particular story a vampire hunter is made each time a vampire is made. Perhaps to balance things out. So, she is not on a vendetta against vampires in general. She has one single purpose, and that is to finish the truck driver. Then, perhaps, she can get rest - and so can the truck driver.

Note that just because there is a link from this story via LtODD to LtROI, the reverse need not be true. So, thankfully, there are no vampire hunters with a supernatural calling in the universe of LtROI. Just people like Lacke.
OskarTheArsonist wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:21 pm
also would you guys want a sequel where this Hunter or someone like her meet Eli and Oskar?
Certainly not.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:23 pm

metoo wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:01 am
OskarTheArsonist wrote:

So, thankfully, there are no vampire hunters with a supernatural calling in the universe of LtROI. Just people like Lacke.
OskarTheArsonist wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:21 pm
Certainly not.
But of course, there are--in at least two fan fictions. If you are so inclined, then go for it!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”