For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
ltroifanatic

Re: What happened to Oskars mom?

Post by ltroifanatic » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:13 am

dongregg wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:43 am
ltroifanatic wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:17 am
...double taking when she sees a blonde boy and probably expecting that he'll show up "any day now" , but he never does. :cry:
Not so fast. There's plenty of time for fan fictions to present what solutions there could be to alleviate the tragedy (somewhat), such as PeteMork's story of Oskar's visit to his dying mother. :cry: but :wub:

How is your fan fiction coming along?
Yea PeteMorks story was so lovely.As for my attempts at FF I think I may have broken a record.I'm stuck before I've even started. :lol: .For the life of me I can't think of anything to write about that hasn't been written before.At first I thought I'd keep it short and funny but funny is hard.I think I'll just go with my heart and write something "mushy".I like "mushy" :oops: :lol:
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:24 am

ltroifanatic wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:13 am
dongregg wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:43 am
ltroifanatic wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:17 am
...double taking when she sees a blonde boy and probably expecting that he'll show up "any day now" , but he never does. :cry:
Not so fast. There's plenty of time for fan fictions to present what solutions there could be to alleviate the tragedy (somewhat), such as PeteMork's story of Oskar's visit to his dying mother. :cry: but :wub:

How is your fan fiction coming along?
Yea PeteMorks story was so lovely.As for my attempts at FF I think I may have broken a record.I'm stuck before I've even started. :lol: .For the life of me I can't think of anything to write about that hasn't been written before.At first I thought I'd keep it short and funny but funny is hard.I think I'll just go with my heart and write something "mushy".I like "mushy" :oops: :lol:
Dying is easy. Comedy is hard. Go mushy.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:34 am

OskarTheArsonist wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:52 pm
What do you guys think happened to Oskars mom? we know that Oskar definitely loves her so I don't think that he would have left with out saying goodbye in person or in a letter at a latter date. If Oskar did send a letter (which I think is the most likely) what do you think it would have said?
Most likely she spends the rest of her life not quite knowing what became of her son.

Whie I am sure Oskar will want to reconnect with her over the years ahead (if all goes well), I am not convinced he will. It depends on how well he gets along with Eli and how far they travel away from Blackeberg. Yet for both it is a sad ending. He will miss her and she will miss him. For both there is no way back to the mother/child relationship they had - presuming the continuation JAL gives us with LTODD.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”