Was any one else disappointed with the sequal?

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
metoo

Re: Was any one else disappointed with the sequal?

Post by metoo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:35 am

Check the section on this forum.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

OskarTheArsonist

Post by OskarTheArsonist » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:01 am

metoo wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:03 pm
By the way, there is a sequel to the sequel as well. Sort of. Just as LtODD isn’t a true sequel to LtROI, What Kept You So Long in the anthology Seize the Night isn’t a true sequel to LtODD. But it does straighten out an open question...
Yes, Stefan and Karin did meet Oskar and Eli, and they survived the encounter.
I just read What Kept You So Long? and while I thought it was great and there are specific things I want to talk about later I never picked up on the confirmation that Stefan and Karin meet Oskar and Eli. Could you explain it to me?
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

metoo

Post by metoo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:55 am

OskarTheArsonist wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:01 am
I just read What Kept You So Long? and while I thought it was great and there are specific things I want to talk about later I never picked up on the confirmation that Stefan and Karin meet Oskar and Eli. Could you explain it to me?
The main character was infected in Barcelona in 2008 by a woman who herself had been attacked by a “crazy old Swedish couple” the night before. Who would those people be, and by whom would they in turn have been infected?
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”