Seasons greetings no.9

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
Wolfchild

Re: Seasons greetings no.9

Post by Wolfchild » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:23 pm

John,

Thanks for stopping by. It means a lot to all us, and especially me personally, that you continue to interact occasionally with our strange little group. I hope that your holidays are all that you could wish for.
johnajvide wrote:Like Morrissey sings in Back to the old house: "Are you still there, or have you moved away?" (got his latest album for my birthday. I´m close to giving up on the man now.)
Isn't this the way with artists though? They set their art upon the world, and sometimes it moves us. In those instances where we are moved, we greedily hope for more. It is easy to forget what a minor miracle it is that we can be moved at all by someone we have never even met. I suppose it would be easy to hold it against an artist when they run out of miracles to touch us with. But the miracles that did touch us leave indelible marks that cannot be erased. The art that they have already created is ours forever now. Even if the artist is never again able to touch us in the same way, they can never take back what they have already given us. We are just grateful for every miracle, past, present, or future.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Ash

Post by Ash » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:36 am

Good to hear from you John and you're keeping yourself busy.

Mendora

Post by Mendora » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:14 pm

This had been a rough year, but i see that everyone is still holding on somehow. : D

N.R. Gasan

Post by N.R. Gasan » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Hello, John-meister...

It's so great that this corner of cyber-space is still plugging along...and equally nice that you remember to stop by occasionally. A busy guy you've become...and still you think of us. In this very cold season, it warms me to see such consideration. Thank you, good sir. As Spock would say, "Live long, and prosper." *Vulcan salute*

OskarTheArsonist

Post by OskarTheArsonist » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:04 am

johnajvide wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:07 am
Like Morrissey sings in Back to the old house: "Are you still there, or have you moved away?" (got his latest album for my birthday. I´m close to giving up on the man now.) Well, I´m still here for another season´s greetings as the year draws to an end.
I have written a lot this year, but mostly things that will be transformed into moving images rather than word on paper. Television, that is. The two projects i mentioned last year are still moving along and one of them is nearing completion, scriptwise. Then it´s the matter of actually filming the thing. But I have high hopes.
The feauture film from my story "Border" finished shooting two months ago. The director showed me some scenes and it´s looking fabulous. Dirty realism and genderbending in the context of trolls. It´s supposed to be up on screens next autumn and I´m looking forward to it, massively.
Right now I´m working on a selection from my 1000+ pages of notes that I have written for my seven novels so far. Half of the text will consist of these notes, the other half my comments on the notes. What I have learned about writing and life during these seventeen years since I started writing Let the right one in. It will be called "Fail again. Fail better." I doubt that it will ever be translated.
What will be translated is Rörelsen as I always find you. The publishers sent me the cover the other day and it´s quite beautiful. Don´t know when it will be out, but out it will be.
Otherwise all is good. Me and my wife play Pokemon Go. Close to level 35 now. Going to Cuba in a few weeks and there I will start writing my next novel, Vänligheten (The Kindness).
Have to go now. Lots of things to do before the holidays. Have yourselves a lovely christmas and try to stay kind whenever you can.

John
Wow this is really cool that you do this every year for your fans. I fell in love with LTROI and I cant wait to read your other translated books. 😁😁
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”