Seasons greetings no.9

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
johnajvide

Seasons greetings no.9

Post by johnajvide » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:07 am

Like Morrissey sings in Back to the old house: "Are you still there, or have you moved away?" (got his latest album for my birthday. I´m close to giving up on the man now.) Well, I´m still here for another season´s greetings as the year draws to an end.
I have written a lot this year, but mostly things that will be transformed into moving images rather than word on paper. Television, that is. The two projects i mentioned last year are still moving along and one of them is nearing completion, scriptwise. Then it´s the matter of actually filming the thing. But I have high hopes.
The feauture film from my story "Border" finished shooting two months ago. The director showed me some scenes and it´s looking fabulous. Dirty realism and genderbending in the context of trolls. It´s supposed to be up on screens next autumn and I´m looking forward to it, massively.
Right now I´m working on a selection from my 1000+ pages of notes that I have written for my seven novels so far. Half of the text will consist of these notes, the other half my comments on the notes. What I have learned about writing and life during these seventeen years since I started writing Let the right one in. It will be called "Fail again. Fail better." I doubt that it will ever be translated.
What will be translated is Rörelsen as I always find you. The publishers sent me the cover the other day and it´s quite beautiful. Don´t know when it will be out, but out it will be.
Otherwise all is good. Me and my wife play Pokemon Go. Close to level 35 now. Going to Cuba in a few weeks and there I will start writing my next novel, Vänligheten (The Kindness).
Have to go now. Lots of things to do before the holidays. Have yourselves a lovely christmas and try to stay kind whenever you can.

John

gattoparde59

Re: Seasons greetings no.9

Post by gattoparde59 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:54 am

Merry Christmas to you and your family. :)

Looking forward to seeing some new work on the screen.

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Merry Christmas and an even merrier New Year, sir. Glad to see you remain active and ever busy on the next project, better still that you've got some work coming to television in the future. You've written for novels, television, and films; looks like all that's left now is to do some painting and write a song. 8-)

Enjoy your time globe-trotting in Cuba, and your time hunting in the tall grasses for those Pokemon. Let 2018 bring even better times for you.
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:54 pm

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts.Sounds like you're in for a busy year.Thank you too for keeping in touch with us.It means a lot.All the very best for you and your loved ones for Xmas,New Year and beyond.. :D
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:00 am

Thanks for the great update, John Ajvide! Cuba--so near to Georgia and yet so far!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:32 am

Season's greetings to you, too, John! As ltroifanatic says, it means a lot to all of us when you drop a few lines.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:07 am

Merry Christmas to you too! As usual, looking forward to reading anything you write (that gets translated into English) and admiring you and anyone else who can read and/or write in more than one language. ;)
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

intrige

Post by intrige » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:00 pm

Merry christmas and a happy new year to you John! A few of us are still here, after all these years.
I can't wait to see border next year!
Happy holidays to all! :)
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:42 pm

John, thank you for continuing to favor us with your annual reports. It's great to hear that you continue to have your fingers in so many pies! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work hit our shores here in the U.S. Keep up the great work, and I wish you and your family a lovely Christmas and a very happy New Year.

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:29 pm

Happy holidays and a good New Year to you and your family.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”