Seasons greeting no.8

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
johnajvide

Seasons greeting no.8

Post by johnajvide » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:18 pm

And as christmas draws closer, once again I creep back to those of you who still hang around.
For me, this year has largely been dedicated to things that won´t see the light of day for quite some time. TV stuff, mostly. Two different productions based on my stories are in the works and I have written scripts for both of them. It´s the usual hush-hush and uncertainties, but they both might turn out gloriously.
And also there´s the series based on LTROI, but as you know, I have nothing to do with that. The play is touring the world and pops up in the most unexpected locations.
In the spring, my short story collcetion "Our skin, our blood, our bones" was published to unusual acclaim here in Sweden. I don´t know if it will be out in english, but I do know that "Rörelsen", ("I always find you") will be. The australian print of "Himmelstrand" ("I am behind you") is out now, and the english one is coming this autumn.
In two weeks I am going to Cuba for seven weeks and there I will only, only work on "X" ("I am the Tiger") which will conclude the trilogy. I am currently on page 300 and I have high hopes that I will be able to finish it on that island that I now will visit for the 6th time.
Me and my wife got stuck in the quagmire that is Pokemon Go and are currently on level 27 (we play on her phone, mine is too old to support the game). I keep telling myself that this has a purpose, since Pokemon Go will have a function in my next novel, "Vänligheten" (The Kindness).
I plan to work on that novel for a long time and try to write something really worthwile. I have so many images waiting to be released. Once I start writing they will probably whip me along into my usual speed and the pacience I am aiming for will dissipate. We´ll see.
All the best to you all. Stay safe, stay warm and may Santa bring you gifts that don´t crawl out of their boxes by themselves.

John

a_contemplative_life

Re: Seasons greeting no.8

Post by a_contemplative_life » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:31 pm

So wonderful to get these personal messages from JAL at Christmastime! Looks like the output of creativity is showing no signs of stopping. I'm hoping that more of your novels will be published in the U.S. so I can enjoy them. Thanks again for the update, and I hope your stay in Cuba proves fruitful! :D

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:15 am

Thanks so much for keeping in touch with your fans.I hope you have a wonderful time in Cuba and a merry xmas to you.
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

EEA

Post by EEA » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:41 am

Happy Holidays to you too!
Looking forward to reading your next book.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:47 am

Dear John Ajvide, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Cool Jul to you and your family. And to the White Rabbit in your avatar that I still adore! :wub:
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:04 am

John, moi, aussi, je vous souhaite un bon Noel et une joyeuse nouvelle annee, et comme toujours, je vous remercie de nous avoir fait une visite :)
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:01 am

Thanks for dropping in on your fans JAL. I have, and have read all of your translated novels.keep up the great work. I look forward to read more of your work. You are easily my favorite author. Keep up coming, bud. Merry Christmas.

metoo

Post by metoo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:16 am

God jul på dig själv, John, och gott nytt år!
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:49 am

Merry Christmas to you and yours. Look forward to reading Himmelstrand in the fall.

Hm.... I'm the only member of my family that does not play Pokemon Go. . . .

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

intrige

Post by intrige » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:00 pm

Yes this yearly greeting is a part of christmas for me now, that is so nice! And a horror novel with pokemon go in it sure sounds very interesting!! Can't wait to read that in the future, for sure!

This forum isn't totally dead, I know I'm still here, mostly lurking. Merry christmas to all, and to the rest, have a happy holiday!
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”