Memories of the Castle

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
gkmoberg1

Re: Memories of the Castle

Post by gkmoberg1 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:43 pm

God of Vampires wrote:
PeteMork wrote:
God of Vampires wrote:...Thank you, glad to see someone remembering my fanfic, that was actually the reason I stumbled on the site again. I was searching on the title of my novel on google, my fanfic is the first hit apparently. Being here feels kinda nostalgic to me by this point. I first became a fan of LTROI when I was a teen, it have to have been almost a decade since I last read the book. Despite all these years having past I do still have fond memories of the story. I still consider it to be a literary masterpiece as I see more nuance to it than ever before. One thing that does really impress me about LTROI is that it is a story without any clear good guys or bad guys. Eli somehow manage to serve the role of the killer as well as a best friend to Oskar for example, meaning that in literary terms it is possible to interpret him as both a protagonist and the antagonist of the story at the same time. I have seen alot of different people have very different interpretations of the story over the years.
I agree with GK. Good to see you back! And thinking hard, as usual. I always enjoyed your FF. It was some of the most interesting and intense stuff on the site, and inspired many interesting discussions.

It's good to hear you're still infected; at least a bit. ;)
Yeah, it is hard to forget a place I have so many fond memories of. That fanfic remains to this day the only piece of writing I have ever finished, I have done like 3 drafts of my novel though. It is kinda hard to write with carpal tunnel however, thankfully this condition is much better now than it was years ago. I do remember your fanfiction was rather good as well PeteMork.
About your book, GoV - I have been worried on whether you had made progress and whether your carpel tunnel issues had held you back. If you ever get it published, whether online or in a physical format, you must let us know!

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”