How many rereads?

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
Drakeule

How many rereads?

Post by Drakeule » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:45 pm

Almost a little embarrassed, I've read LTROI at least 6-7 times in the past year. Same with everything else that is in english. Except LTODD (only read it once, with the exception of TFP) I need some advice. You know what style I like. What are some other good reads? And JAL, hurry with some new stuff, please. The translations can't come fast enough!

gattoparde59

Re: How many rereads?

Post by gattoparde59 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:00 am

Try Daniel Woodrell, The Outlaw Album. No supernatural, but plenty of grim stuff set in Woodrell's native Ozarks.

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:21 pm

All Manly Wade Wellman books about John or John he Balladeer or Silver John. Spooky stories set in the Appalachian mountains.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

intrige

Post by intrige » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:10 pm

Oh my god, OK.

I have read the norwegian one 3 times, the english one one time, and the swedish one One time. It
is a long time ago but I think that's about right.

And don't even get me started on re-watches. :?
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:29 pm

Oh, I guess I have to mention that I just got LTROI the novel Saturday, so how many times have I read it? I'll let you know later when the count reaches 1. Reread? I'll come back to this thread when I do. :)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:00 pm

dongregg wrote:Oh, I guess I have to mention that I just got LTROI the novel Saturday, so how many times have I read it? I'll let you know later when the count reaches 1. Reread? I'll come back to this thread when I do. :)
Go, Don! :D
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

EEA

Post by EEA » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:13 pm

I have read Let The Right One In about four times from the English translation and one time from the Spanish translation. I just read The Town and Light In August by William Faulkner which were pretty good and short stories collection by Flannery O'Connor.

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:26 pm

intrige wrote:
And don't even get me started on re-watches. :?
Trige, we are in the same boat. I couldn't even count...

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:11 pm

dongregg wrote:Oh, I guess I have to mention that I just got LTROI the novel Saturday, so how many times have I read it? I'll let you know later when the count reaches 1. Reread? I'll come back to this thread when I do. :)
Good for you Don.Hope you like it.I see it as another piece of the puzzle to this wonderful story. :D
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:58 am

ltroifanatic wrote:
Good for you Don.Hope you like it.I see it as another piece of the puzzle to this wonderful story. :D
I should also mention that Saturday was 3/12/16. I saw the film on 3/13/13. So I got the book one day shy of my 3rd anniversary. And if you're keeping track, I was fan club of one for four months before I joined WTI.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”