How many rereads?

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
gkmoberg1

Re: How many rereads?

Post by gkmoberg1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:58 am

a_contemplative_life wrote:I think I've read it cover-to-cover about three times. Various parts I've re-read from time to time back when I was writing some FF.
Indeed!

I see though a small point here. You used the word 'was' instead, I'm sure, where you meant to write 'am'. Such as "when I am writing some FF." yes? Small difference, but also a large difference. Surely you grasp, then, the implied gentle nudge? yes? Excellent! (Whimpering, whining and pleading will follow should you need stronger encouragement.)

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:02 am

metoo wrote:
gkmoberg1 wrote:Many years ago metoo sent me a package of candies - part of his vampire candy offer. I should have had him buy and include a copy of the book.
Sure, the book wouldn't have made much difference on the size and weight of that package!
Yes. We opted for a large box. And you pack a box very well! Payment back to you using paypal, if I recall correctly, was not hard. And I think I sent a small amount of the Eli candies off to several of the members here. I should ask the kids if they'd like a new sampling - I think they would be upon me in no time.

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:15 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:
metoo wrote:
gkmoberg1 wrote:Many years ago metoo sent me a package of candies - part of his vampire candy offer. I should have had him buy and include a copy of the book.
Sure, the book wouldn't have made much difference on the size and weight of that package!
Yes. We opted for a large box. And you pack a box very well! Payment back to you using paypal, if I recall correctly, was not hard. And I think I sent a small amount of the Eli candies off to several of the members here. I should ask the kids if they'd like a new sampling - I think they would be upon me in no time.
[ahem] Loved them. ;)
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:22 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:
a_contemplative_life wrote:I think I've read it cover-to-cover about three times. Various parts I've re-read from time to time back when I was writing some FF.
Indeed!

I see though a small point here. You used the word 'was' instead, I'm sure, where you meant to write 'am'. Such as "when I am writing some FF." yes? Small difference, but also a large difference. Surely you grasp, then, the implied gentle nudge? yes? Excellent! (Whimpering, whining and pleading will follow should you need stronger encouragement.)
Yeah, but I need a plot. Which I'm having difficulty finding.

Pissball

Post by Pissball » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:39 pm

Hey guys, do you know what is this ?

Here: http://www.adlibris.com/se/bok/vampyren ... 9170530821

Vampyren I Blackeberg, it seems very interesting.

Anyone read it ?
I don't know a single word in swedish, but it looks like an analysis of LTROI or writing process by JAL ?

Edit: I just googled it better+translate and is just a shortened "easy to read" version of the novel, aparently.

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:26 pm

Pissball wrote:Hey guys, do you know what is this ?

This is a shorter, smplified version of the novel, similar to kid's classics in US.
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

Kaizarc

Post by Kaizarc » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:06 pm

Currently on my 3rd reread. I tried to follow the dates but couldn't control myself. I'm already on part 3 :mrgreen:

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:36 am

Kaizarc wrote:Currently on my 3rd reread. I tried to follow the dates but couldn't control myself. I'm already on part 3 :mrgreen:
I'm embarrassed to say how many times I've read it but I know what you mean.It's so well written once you start it's hard to think of anything else.I should have taken notes of the parts I particularly liked as well as dialogue ,places and times and such.I'll do it next re-read. :lol:
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

OskarTheArsonist

Post by OskarTheArsonist » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:56 pm

Drakeule wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:45 pm
Almost a little embarrassed, I've read LTROI at least 6-7 times in the past year. Same with everything else that is in english. Except LTODD (only read it once, with the exception of TFP) I need some advice. You know what style I like. What are some other good reads? And JAL, hurry with some new stuff, please. The translations can't come fast enough!
I got the book last week and im alredy halfway thru my secound read...pls help
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:54 pm

Ha ha! There is no cure for this infection!

Welcome to the forum, OskarThe Arsonist! :)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”