Vampire Glamour

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
TΛPETRVE

Re: Vampire Glamour

Post by TΛPETRVE » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:56 pm

Right you are. Simply look at Count Orlok's appearance, especially the beaked nose, which is a typical trait of a stereotypical Jew caricatured.

But let's cut the Hitler stuff and get back to "real" vampires with no bizarre antisemitic connotations, shall we?
Att fly är livet, att dröja döden.

Do not ask why; ask why not.

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:02 pm

If you insist.

TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:07 pm

I do. Just want to avoid the discussion to drift off into drawing analogies between vampires and our Jewish fellow citizens :D .

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:11 pm

However, I would like to note that the Ashkenazy Jews who currently drive Israel's fascist policies, and who's ancestors adopted Judaism for reasons of mere political expediency, treat the Sephardic or bloodline Jews rather like the Americans treat their Afro-American population, as second-class citizens. Even, or especially, within Israel.

But of course to say such things is to invite the attentions of the Ashkenazy PR machine, who own the Holocaust, and who completely ignore the many more millions of Eastern Europeans who also died at the Nazi's hands.

TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:24 pm

Well, you're definitely right with that. It's probably the biggest paradoxon in recent history.

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:31 pm

Jung called it 'enantiodromia' [I'm terribly sorry], the tendency for a victorious culture to adopt the ways of a conquered one by absorption. The huge American interest in Zen and Japanese culture in general after their genocidal and utterly unnecessary nuclear attacks is a case in point.

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:51 pm

Now you're off topic again.
But in a very interesting way, so by all means - continue :D
..considering asking OP gattoparde to rename the thread?...
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:07 pm

I think I might already have said rather more than enough...I don't want to bring trouble to Wolfie's excellent forum.

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:28 pm

DMt. wrote:I think I might already have said rather more than enough...I don't want to bring trouble to Wolfie's excellent forum.
Dad Gum it! I think I was the one who opened up this particular can of worms, and the can has gone way past the expiration date. I should have listened to my instincts.

All I will say is, to quote Gunnery Sgt. Hartmann, a rifle is just a tool. it is a hard heart that kills. A hard heart is a hard heart, whatever your ethnicity, or history.

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:31 pm

You ain't done nothin' wrong, as far as I can see.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”