Seasons greetings no.7

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
johnajvide

Seasons greetings no.7

Post by johnajvide » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:51 pm

Hi, all

Christmas is almost upon us, and as tradition demands I sit down to write to those of you still holding out on this wonderful forum. Many thanks to Wolfchild for keeping it up and not sneaking back to some even cozier place in the forest.
As always, a lot of things are in the works and most of it pretty hush-hush. Two ongoing movie projects to which I have written the scripts seems to have stalled, as movies so often do. On the other hand I have signed up for two TV-projects to which I am to write the scripts. One is based on one of my novels, and the other - which is gigantic - on my short stories. This scriptwriting will probably take up all of spring and summer.
In two weeks me and my wife are going back to Cuba to stay there for seven weeks. I will concentrate on writing the third part in the trilogy which started with Himmelstrand and Rörelsen. I have a lot of ideas and I think I will be able to tie the whole thing together. Himmelstrand ("I am behind you") will be out in english this summer. It´s already out in a few other countries.
"Rörelsen" ("I always find you") was nominated for the August award, which is a big thing here in Sweden. A lot of people were surprised since genre books never get nominated for this rather highbrow award. It didn´t win, and I never expected it to. The best thing was that my old friend from the magic years, Carl-Einar Häckner, presented the book on the awards ceremony. (He is, by the way, a very funny guy. Here you can see one of his stunts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28qsyIkT6uk)
As I think I mentioned last year, my next book coming out is a collection of short stories. "Our skin, our blood, our bones" will be out in summer 2016. Most of the stories have already been published, mostly in english and american anthologies, but there are a few new ones. And "Tjärven", in print for the first time.
What else? I have just finished "Witcher 3" on level 35, bought the first expansion to be able to stay in that world. In Cuba me and my wife are going to have a Hitchcock project. Seeing a lot of his films and read an 800-page biography aloud to each other. Last year it was Mozart. Now Hitchcock.
When I have finished "X" ("I am the tiger") and written those television scripts I am going to start on a novel which I really long to write. It will be called "Vänligheten" ("The Kindness") and be deeply set in my nearest town, Norrtälje. Funny thing about that is that I intend to write a best seller. I always set up quite different goals for my books, to write in a way I have not quite done before. I have never written anything with the specific ambition that it should appeal to as many people as possible. This time I will, just for the heck of it. I will probably fail, epically.
Well, that´s it for now. Take care of yourselves, kind people, and may you have the best of possible christmases. I shall stick around until this forum draws its final breath, and then stay for the wake, when and if that day comes.

John

gattoparde59

Re: Seasons greetings no.7

Post by gattoparde59 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:17 pm

Merry Christmas to you and your family! :)

While in Cuba you can do the Hemingway thing. Go fishing, but leave off the heavy drinking part. Not sure where you stand on cats. :think:

Looks like I will have some reading for summer 2016. :)

As for the forum, not a happy prognosis from Doctor johnajvide. Alas it may well be true. :|

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

intrige

Post by intrige » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:46 pm

I will never let this place DIE!! I promise!! :D
Merry christmas JAL! Always nice to hear from you!
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:00 pm

intrige wrote:I will never let this place DIE!! I promise!! :D
Merry christmas JAL! Always nice to hear from you!
I'm with you, 'Trige!

You go, Wolfchild!

Dear John,

Your presence on We, the Infected, means so much to me. Your long and thoughtful post shows you think well of us, so much so that you share parts of your exciting and varied "doin's" with us. Best wishes for all of them, and I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Donald

P.S.: You and Jameron are still tied for first place for "Avatar that Makes Me Smile Like Crazy."
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

EEA

Post by EEA » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:08 pm

Happy holidays too you too. Looking forward to reading your new books and for the tv projects. :)

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:36 pm

Merry Christmas John, to you and your family. I can't wait to find out which of your works will hit the screen.

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:05 am

All the best to all of you.Have a Merry Xmas and a happy New Year.I know I'm new here but even the thought of this place closing is just to sad to contemplate.I come here nearly every day to read and think about this beautiful story and it replenishes me.If I have anything to do with it this place will survive..love to you all.

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:39 am

John, thank you for your annual update. Enjoy your time in Cuba. I look forward to reading your new stories when they are released in English later this year. Keep writing and whatever you do, don't get carpal tunnel!! :D

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:10 am

Since you bring up your new anthology I just wanted to say that 'The Music of Bengt Karlsson, Murderer' was the definite highlight out of the entire 'Book of Horrors' anthology. Also that 'Little Star' is probably the best novel I've read in the last couple of years and I'm eagerly looking forward to your next novel when it comes over to the US.
No banaaaanas?

N.R. Gasan

Post by N.R. Gasan » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:35 am

Lucky number 7...Wow...Never let it be said that this forum lacks for staying power. LOL Anyway...

To you, JAL, and all my fellow Infected: Happy Holidays...Seasons Greetings...Merry Christmas...Happy New Year...Glad Noel...Cool Yule...Feliz Navidad...etc., etc. :)

As always, John, it is kind of you to remember this place; your positive thoughts are always appreciated.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”