Seasons greetings no.6

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
johnajvide

Seasons greetings no.6

Post by johnajvide » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:07 pm

Hej, alla;
As tradition demands, a little status report as christmas draws closer. I still pop into this forum every now and then and I can see that there are fewer active users, as is natural. Still I am amazed by how many there still are, and how you still manage to find things to discuss. And to those new ones that have joined: Welcome. As you probably have noticed by now, this is as warm, welcoming and intelligent place. Wish I could say the same for my home country.
Anyway. Right now I am somewhere past the middle of the follow-up to Himmelstrand/I am behind you. It deals with a period of time when I lived in a small house in a yard, fifty meters from the spot where Olof Palme was killed. The protagonist in the book is called John Lindqvist, a young man trying to find a career as a magician. The book deals quite a lot with practical magic, the tunnel of Brunkeberg and the field that is central to the plot of Himmelstrand. It is half-autobigraphical in the vein of Let the right one in. The first few chapters will be published together with the paperback of Himmelstrand in the spring.
I have an idea for a youtube commercial for the book (Rörelsen/I always find you)and Kristian Petri has kindly agreed to hep me with it. Me walking in the Brunkeberg tunnel. Then something terrible happens. Speaking of which, Handling the undead is still in development with Kristian attached, going on its tenth year now.
As you have noted, John Tiffanys beautiful play is being produced in New York. Can´t come myself unfortunately, since I am in Cuba at the time, and travel between those countries is ... cumbersome. Things seem to lighten up, though. Well, hope some of you get the chance to see this wonderful piece of theater.
In april I will start writing a new film for a danish production company, based on one of my stories. My specific intention for this one is to make a horror movie. All my other scripts, including LTROI, are more soft around the edges. The challenge I have set before me here is to write something that makes you cringe and scream. The story is well suited for it. Can´t tell you which one, but you might be able to guess.
After Rörelsen I will publish a collection of short stories entitled "Our skin, our blood, our bones", which will collect my stories written for english books, "Tjärven", wich has only been published as an e-book, a few other stories published in other places and a new one. About werewolves.
After that I´ll probably write the final book in the trilogy that started with Himmelstrand. It will probably be called X/I am the tiger, and starts with a wave of suicides in the Stockholm underworld.
Possibly I will also publish a book of poems called "Blackeberg" and perhaps a selection of my notes for all of my novels called "Fail again. Fail better." (Spot the quote).
Well, there you have the coming three or four years. Inshallah. A few other cinematic things are in the works, but you know how it is. Hush-hush.
I wish you all truly happy holidays.
Oh, if you really want to get terrified this christmas, play "Alien: Isolation". It´s the first game I have ever played where I am acually reluctant to load the save file and continue since I know how scared I am going to be. Not the gretest game ever, but certainly the scariest.
Once again: all my best to all of you.

intrige

Re: Seasons greetings no.6

Post by intrige » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:15 pm

Hi John!! Thanks for all the info, and a marry christmas to you!! Looking forward to read everything you publish, as always!!
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:51 pm

Merry Christmas! :)))
'I've got so many faces - and non of them looks good'

abner_mohl

Post by abner_mohl » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:35 pm

Merry Christmas sir, and many blessings in the coming New Year. Looking forward to seeing the play within a couple of months, sad you will not have to opportunity to see it in NYC, but who knows, it could windup on Broadway itself. :)

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:41 pm

Merry Christmas, John. Looking forward to your new books, and looking forward to the play making its way finally, to San Francisco.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:45 pm

Happy Holidays and thanks for the updates...
Me and three other WTI members will be in New York in February to witness historic US stage production of Let The Right One In....For any fan of Swedish novel, St. Anne's Warehouse in Brooklyn will be the ultimate place to be. 8-)
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:32 pm

Godt Midtvintersblot! :D
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

BravoHotel

Post by BravoHotel » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:59 pm

Did I miss you are you still here!? :lol:
Oh, if you really want to get terrified this christmas, play "Alien: Isolation". It´s the first game I have ever played where I am acually reluctant to load the save file and continue since I know how scared I am going to be.
Wow, I wouldn't have taken you for a gamer. I've been pondering buying Alien: isolation for a while as I know no one that has it to ask whether it is genuinely scary, this pretty much sways it.
Thanks for the wishes I'm sure all of us as well as me wish the same for you, have fun in Cuba. :)
"He's got a cracking smile but he can't dive for toffee."

Bloody Mary

Post by Bloody Mary » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:24 pm

I get to post around the same time as JAL?!? Today is my day.

Man, I can't wait to read that book of poems about Blackeberg. Is it about growing up there, or Blackeberg in general? Both? Either way, I'm happy...but it would be really cool to hear more about what it was like for you there.

Thanks for visiting! Happy holidays!
"Do not go gentle into that good night . . . Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas

EEA

Post by EEA » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:34 pm

Happy Holidays!
That's a lot of projects. :) Looking forward to reading the next book. Right now I am playing Clash of Clans.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”