Seasons greetings no.4

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
johnajvide

Seasons greetings no.4

Post by johnajvide » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:25 pm

Hi there;

As I tend to say in these Christmas greetings: amazing that this forum still exists and is as active as it is. Sure, I have noticed that the activity has declined, but on the other hand so has my productivity in regards to published works. Oher things have been on my mind the past year. Two plays and one movie, especially.
The movie is still secret since no production decision has been taken, but I see here that you have managed to uncover some details anyway. It´s going to be a majestic and heartbreaking thing.
Just a week ago I was in a meeting regarding the film from Handling the undead. A new production company has taken over and they have done more in four months than the previous one did in four years. This time I really think it´s going to happen. Shooting supposed to start in the summer of 2014.
Don´t know if I told you, but a film from Little Star is also in the works. This is only in the first stage, but if all goes as planned it´s going to be directed by the director I would name if I could choose anyone I wanted. I won´t write the script, but my faith in this person is huge. Would love to divulge his name, but I can´t. Keep your fingers crossed that this one comes through anyway.
Unfortunately all this movie and theater business has taken a lot of time from X. The first part is finished, though. 120 pages written. My wife says it´s going to be my best book so far, if I can keep up the quality of those pages all the way to the end. I will pick it up again in january. A dog named Benny is an important character. The lovers in this one is two 50-year old farmers who don´t really acknowledge the fact that they are gay. They just sleep together, are tender towards one another, need each other since their wives left them. They are quite lovely. They listen to Abba.
Right now I am editing another original story for an anthology by Stephen Jones. A 50-page thing that deals with a creature from swedish folklore in an updated manner, in the vein of the story "Border" from Let the old dreams die, but much more violent.
Well, that´s it. I see here that a few of you saw Jacob Hultcrantz stage version of LTROI in Norway. From photos I see that it´s very similar to the one I saw in Uppsala. A really clever little adaptation. A different one is under production in Great Britain, but I know very little of this.
To be honest, quite a lot of time has also gone into playing "Vasebreaker endless" on Plants vs. Zombies. I managed to get to level 44. Anyone break that?
All the best to all of you. Have yourselves a merry little christmas and a happy new year.

John

intrige

Re: Seasons greetings no.4

Post by intrige » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:36 pm

I still get starstruck when reading your posts John, and I have dne sow for a few years now, better get used to it!
I almost went and saw the play :( I got my scholorship one day after the stageplay premiere, had the play been a day later or my money to come a day before, I would have seen it. Pity how fate tricks me :( I still want to see it so bad.

Is it going to be named X or you don't have a name? 'Cause I don't think one is actually allowed to name a book in less than like, two letters. I don't know.. :s
Always great to know you see us John! Hvae a merry christmas and a happy new year! :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:16 pm

Merry Christmas to you and your family. :)

And yes, all my fingers be crossed!

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

EEA

Post by EEA » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:43 pm

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you! :)
I am also looking forward to your projects.

danielma

Post by danielma » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:51 pm

8-) Wow is it that time of the year again :) I was actually looking forward to seeing this hopeful annual posting from John and he has indeed answered that hope...always a pleasure to read JAL's Annual Seasons Greetings

Here's a salute of Merry Christmas to you and your family. And here's hoping it brings many good tidings to you all...from one devoted fan here in Aus.

Now...to the meat and bones
The movie is still secret since no production decision has been taken, but I see here that you have managed to uncover some details anyway. It´s going to be a majestic and heartbreaking thing.
If its the movie I'm thinking off then I like already :) That's if its the one I'm thinking of that combines you with a certain talent who you've worked with before :)
Just a week ago I was in a meeting regarding the film from Handling the undead. A new production company has taken over and they have done more in four months than the previous one did in four years. This time I really think it´s going to happen. Shooting supposed to start in the summer of 2014.
This I really like :D I'm really holding out hope for this as I'm so anxious to see this made into a film
Don´t know if I told you, but a film from Little Star is also in the works. This is only in the first stage, but if all goes as planned it´s going to be directed by the director I would name if I could choose anyone I wanted. I won´t write the script, but my faith in this person is huge. Would love to divulge his name, but I can´t. Keep your fingers crossed that this one comes through anyway
MY GOD IT'S THE XMAS THAT JUST KEEPS GIVING :D :lol: :lol: That I may be even more excited for then the Handling the Undead movie...not to jinx it, but heres to that ever continuing hope that this will indeed happen 8-) I'd love for Little Star to be made into a film...been saying that since I read it last year
Unfortunately all this movie and theater business has taken a lot of time from X. The first part is finished, though. 120 pages written. My wife says it´s going to be my best book so far, if I can keep up the quality of those pages all the way to the end. I will pick it up again in january. A dog named Benny is an important character. The lovers in this one is two 50-year old farmers who don´t really acknowledge the fact that they are gay. They just sleep together, are tender towards one another, need each other since their wives left them. They are quite lovely. They listen to Abba.
Sounds interesting so far... the gay lover part intrigues me in a good way...take your time with it Good Sir :)
Right now I am editing another original story for an anthology by Stephen Jones. A 50-page thing that deals with a creature from swedish folklore in an updated manner, in the vein of the story "Border" from Let the old dreams die, but much more violent.
Okay, I have to mention this and if you read this JAL then I hope you get a laugh out of it...Congrats to you sir, there is a certain scene in BORDER that almost made me yell "WTF" out loud on a train ride into Sydney Central..I was reading it whilst commuting to Work, I got to a certain scene between two certain characters engaging in intimacy...and then it happened, and then I double taked, re-read it and thought "did I just read that right??? WTF is going on"...and I came so close to saying that out loud whilst on the train.

Which is not a knock at BORDER, I very much liked BORDER and once I processed what happened in it and exactly what they were when it ended...then I liked it even more...but just an amusing side antedote for your day :D You made me react in the best way possible to that said scene

So the thought of having another short in the vein of BORDER intrigues me :)
To be honest, quite a lot of time has also gone into playing "Vasebreaker endless" on Plants vs. Zombies. I managed to get to level 44. Anyone break that?
Would that be in the survival mode? (anyone) I haven't touched much of the survival mode...beaten the main quest and done most of the mini games but Survival mode I haven't really touched....oh no scratch that, Vasebreaker is a mini game isn't it??? (its been so long since I've played Plants vs. Zombies)
All the best to all of you. Have yourselves a merry little christmas and a happy new year.
Said it in the opener and I'll say it again in closing...Right back at you Good Sir :) :) Cheers, Merry Christmas to yourself and your family...and a Happy New Year....here's hoping it's a good year for you all
My Blog: Toxic Culture
Neon Maniacs: Link

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:08 pm

Hey there, John.

It's great to hear that the film version of Handling The Undead is actually being worked on now, and that it's going to be a heartbreaker :D And there will be a Little Star film as well? No Harbour? :( (or is this the 'secret' one? :think: )

Anyway, it's great that you keep coming back here, reading the posts, and occasionally adding something yourself. It means a lot to us here.

Have a happy pagan tree decorating celebration, Winter solstice (tomorrow), and new year :D

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:50 am

A chock full o'good news! :D
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:43 am

Once again, a lovely update from JAL to lift our spirits for 2013 and keep the home fires burning here! :D

drakkar

Post by drakkar » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:53 pm

Thanks, same to you, John! :)
Great to hear that Little Star is going to be film - actually that is my first wish.
The stage play caught the essence of the story, and Hultcrantz was lucky with the epilogue! :)
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:02 pm

So there at least one new piece of writing in a book form that's on the horizon. Plus, continuing progress on novel X.
Guess I'll need more shelf space... 8-)
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”