Child reading the book

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
Nightrider

Re: Child reading the book

Post by Nightrider » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:07 pm

mackousko wrote:
ofelia wrote: I think it's really interesting to hear the perspective of someone who's the same age as the characters. It just shows how realistic Oskar and Eli are, the way they think and speak, it's so well written. They would seem real to a child.
This is true.
...and remember. We are talking about a Swedish book translated into Russian.
Great literature transcends all borders and all languages...Always.

By the way..that kid is smart and hilarious. He calls himself TheBoy_Dreamer and has a bunch of other reviews on Youtube. He talks about Nolan's Batman, 2012 MTV Video Awards, Simpsons vs. Family Guy, Tim Burton and a few other things. Wish all of you could understand him because he's pretty entertaining...
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:35 am

Thanks intrige for discovery and thanks Nightrider for translation. He did a HUGE job. I'd hardly had guts. I mean - my russian is good (more or less :lol: ) but my english is rather crappy, so, after translation I had to send the text to David (DMt.) for correction and it all woud be a long way :mrgreen: . But Nightrider has both sides good.
The matter is - that boy haven't seen "Let The Right One In", - it's a pity. He watched only "Let me in".
But to my opinion, "Let me in" - just a good moovie and has no such a ton of symbolism, as "Let The Right One In" (and for what we all like the Swedish original). Only a beautiful wrap. But maybe he doesn't want it in his age.
Many people in the web say that "Let me in" is much better and "Let The Right One In" is boring.
But sorry, I have distracted to another topic.
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

jcckidz

Post by jcckidz » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:29 pm

Intrigue, it was actually someone else who was replying to your comments on the video. Boxythespacedog is the one who told you to learn Russian, 1TheBoyDreamer is boy who made the vid.

intrige

Post by intrige » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:22 pm

Yeh i noticed it after, but whatever. :D Thanks for the notice ;)
It's quite interesting though. What makes children that muture? What would you do to make your kids smarter?
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

ofelia

Post by ofelia » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:25 pm

Well, I think it depends on the kid's personality. Probably a kid who likes to read any kind of book is a little more mature than the rest. And if you are an only child or the oldest in the family that tends to contribute to maturity because the parents give them more responsibility. Some kids have to grow up faster than others, like Oskar and Eli. Honestly though, if you take a child seriously and talk to them they are more mature than you think. If they're with a lot of other kids it's different ;)

jcckidz

Post by jcckidz » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:26 am

Intrige, the conversation between you and boxythespacedog is interesting. I read one of boxy's replies to a comment of yours. I didn't know exactly which comment of yours boxy was commenting on, so I clicked "show comment" so I could see. When I did, instead of showing your comment it said comment has recieved too many negative votes. I clicked the "show" button that allowed me to see the comment anyway. Then I got to thinking, if someone did vote it down, who was it? I don't think it was the adorable boy doing the review. The next option is boxy because, afterall, boxy is the one who seemed to give you a hard time about learning Russian. What I noticed, however, is that boxy actually gave you a favorable comment on your video in which you played Eli (excellent vid btw), therefore I find it hard to believe s/he would vote down any of your comments. So, was boxy only messing around with you in a friendly way when s/he said to learn Russian, making it sound like it should be easy? What I also realized was that the comment of yours that apparently got "too many negative votes" is actually a the top of the comments page and doesn't have any thumbs down at all. I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON!!!!!

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:29 am

Too bad he cannot read or write English. It sounds like he would fit right in here.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

intrige

Post by intrige » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:23 pm

Chill dude, it's just youtube.. ;)
Oh and yeh, that kid might have fitted here allright.. :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

jcckidz

Post by jcckidz » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:38 pm

Right, chill. Deep breaths. In throught the nose, out through the mouth...

thestich

Post by thestich » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Quote from one of my favorite comedies, Blazing Saddles:
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.
While wandering here between posts and FF, I am gradually getting convinced, that I haven't seen anywhere more beautiful madness than on this forum. Clubmeister

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”