LTROI book series?

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
nithr

Re: LTROI book series?

Post by nithr » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:36 am

johnajvide wrote:No, this is not me.
The Facebbok account I have is managed by my publisher, and I´ve never even considered tweeting (my cell phone is like 8 years old so it would be tedious work), and I´ve certainly never considered making LTROI into a series.
Kind of scary, these things ...
Are you 100% certain you will never write about Eli and Oskar ever again? :(

danielma

Post by danielma » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:06 am

The Facebbok account I have is managed by my publisher, and I´ve never even considered tweeting (my cell phone is like 8 years old so it would be tedious work), and I´ve certainly never considered making LTROI into a series.
After reading Let the Old Dreams Die (at long last)...I can safely say that I'd be happy if you never wrote about Eli and Oskar again :) I say that in a positive light by the way, I felt LTODD provided enough closure whilst keeping the story open to further speculation...which is a rare feat to acheive. I'd be more then happy to never see them written about again, I now feel that their story is complete and I got closure for them whilst still holding onto a certain speculation.

So I'm kind of glad that this was just another moment of "Don't trust the Internet"...I really do feel a sense of closure after LTODD and don't really feel the need to see anything further with Oskar and Eli....although I would always be open if there was a further tale to tell, but not really desperate for one either.
I'm kind of relieved as well. Maybe one additional work would be interesting if it was very different from the original and not a retread but I think more than that would dilute it. Maybe JAL could introduce a young werewolf for a love triangle with Oskar and Eli?
I laughed :lol: Who would be the mysterious Werewolf boy though...Maybe Tommy comes along and reveals "oh yeah, I was a werewolf all along" :lol:
My Blog: Toxic Culture
Neon Maniacs: Link

JToede

Post by JToede » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:41 am

nithr wrote:
Are you 100% certain you will never write about Eli and Oskar ever again? :(
I believe that we have taken care of that already ;)
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”