Yet another seasons greetings

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
johnajvide

Yet another seasons greetings

Post by johnajvide » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:31 pm

Hi, there;

John here. This year´s seasons greetings a little earlier since I´m going abroad for christmas.
Yes, I do keep following this forum, since I have come to "know" some of you, or at least your tastes and opinions, and I am curious about what you will think of things.
Happy that so many of you liked Little Star. It´s now been several years since I wrote it, and I still consider it to be my best book. Maybe not the best story, but the best book.
After months and months of planning "X" I started writing it three months ago, and got about 50 pages into the story. These look very promising, but unfortunately (or fortunately) something came in the way. Sorry to to say, I can´t tell you very much about it, since it´s still under covers.
But it´s a movie adaptation of a book written by someone else, and it was an offer I simply could not refuse, for several reasons. So that´s what I´m working on now. Everything will be revealed in time.
What else to tell?
"Låt de gamla drömmarna dö" will be out in norwegian and german soon. "Tjärven" might be published as an e-book in the US.
Oh, and my play "Fem kända musiker döda i seriekrock" (Five famous musicians dead in pile-up, not sure of the final word in that one) will have it´s premiere on the Royal Dramatic Theatre in Stockholm the 28th of january. Haven´t seen anything of it, but I know they have made what we in Sweden call "Dance band music" to a few of my lyrics. I think it will be great fun.
Finally, me and my wife have made a children´s book together (me writing, her illustrating) called "Sulky och Bebbe regerar okej" (Sulky and Bebbe rules hell OK) which will be out on Bonnier Carlsén in the autumn.
Phew.
I was happy to sign those books for you in Forbidden Planet in London, sorry I couldn´t make more personalized copies since you weren´t there.
That´s it for now. The best of christmas to all of you.

John

drakkar

Re: Yet another seasons greetings

Post by drakkar » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:51 pm

Thanks, Happy Christmas to you too!
Another screenplay? That was an interesting turn, hadn't thought of that. Perhaps I should have, since the last one went pretty good. :mrgreen:
Will be interesting to learn who the director is.
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:51 pm

Merry Christmas! Good to hear you are staying busy!

"Little Star" is on my Christmas list. :)

intrige

Post by intrige » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:50 pm

I do have a question for you JAL, you might answer it, or someone else will.. Probably.. You you that (easyread) book: Vampyren i Blackeberg? Is it too also a type of children's book? What kind of readers are they ment for?
A kids book sounds very interesting. Neil Gaiman, he who wrote Coroline and The graveyard book, make children books too, and I like them even though I am way too old for them. I hope that in this kid's book we will still see some of you in it.

I have been waiting for LTODD since I went to the bookshop and asked them when a book from John Ajvide would come. I did that 3 months ago. Then I got to know that it came out the 15th of January. I did so too with Little star, they were two weeks late in delivering it. I hope that won't happen again!! I have read the epiologe for LTROI and listened to that radio show, but I want to read more of your work as always and am really looking forward to it.
Happy christmas to you too!!
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

varamiglite

Post by varamiglite » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:42 pm

Hey!

Can't wait to read Little Star, hope to be getting it shipped from the UK in the near future...hopefully someone puts one in my stocking (if they can find a place for it around all that coal).

It's good to hear from you!
slog tillbaka. hårt.

DarkGuyver

Post by DarkGuyver » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:53 pm

A very merry Christmas to you too, JAL. I haven't had the chance to read Little Star yet, but I'm sure it's great. Hopefully, I will find sometime to read it soon.

JToede

Post by JToede » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:59 pm

And a Merry Christmas to you good Sir. Like varamiglite , I can't wait to read Little Star
Veni, Vidi, volo in domum redire.

mackousko

Post by mackousko » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:16 pm

I will represent language diversity.

MERRY CHRISTMAS !! = ŠTASTNÉ A VESELÉ VIANOCE TI ŽELÁM PANE JAL !! ;)

gattoparde59

Post by gattoparde59 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:51 am

Merry Christmas to you and your family John. :)

Hoping I will find Little Star under the tree this year.

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

the_value_of_x

Post by the_value_of_x » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:13 am

Happy Holidays, JAL.

Does anyone know if/when Little Star and Paper Walls will have a formal release in the US?

"If you can do a half-assed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind."
~Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”